Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Strategic Analytics Consultant
Monday, November 13 2023
End Date (if applicable):
Under the general guidance of the leader of the designated operational area, this role acts as a primary resource and consults on business improvement, system transformation, and operational & informatics analytics. The Strategic Analytics Consultant identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for continuous improvement to systems and processes. This role provides ongoing support and training to end users and designated functional areas. In addition, in collaboration with stakeholder groups, IT, and systems vendors, is responsible for the maintenance, sustainment support and integration of systems such as Workday supporting People and Culture, Finance or Student Services, including testing, upgrade and product releases, and responding to systems-related questions.
*We are hiring two Strategic Analytics Consultant positions*
Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Improvement and Transformation:
- Conducts business process analysis by completing process mapping, identifying relevant KPIs, complete current state analysis, observing patterns and developing future state recommendations based on data; build implementation plans for a variety of business processes.
- Collaborates with systems users, stakeholders and IT to identify process and workflow improvement areas.
- Consults, supports and guides stakeholders through design, configuration and business process setup based on best practices and a thorough understanding of business requirements.
- Assesses and makes recommendations on the overall impact of proposed changes to business processes and investigates external solutions.
- Documents, designs, develops and tests related configuration revisions according to formal change control process.
Operational Data and Informatics Analysis
- Develops dashboards, metrics, analysis and reports using various tools to inform business, financial and labour relations matters.
- Conducts regular audits to monitor business and operational processes related to data quality; analyzes, compiles reports and makes recommendations on data findings to leadership teams; identifies data errors, develops recommendations and implements data correction strategies.
Responsible for maintenance and support of Workday and other systems and applications within operational areas:
- Oversees the security setup, data auditing, system maintenance, and testing for Workday modules.
- Provides needs assessments and consultation regarding system changes including upgrades and new product releases.
- Resolves escalated support cases for trouble shooting and responds to systems-related questions.
- Records and manages incident or service requests in case management system, closes cases when resolved.
- Works with stakeholders and IT to assess incidents in order to prioritize and resolve them accordingly.
- Collaborates and coordinates with operational areas and IT on potential changes and upcoming system upgrades and releases.
- Maintains system documentation, in particular with respect to maintaining data quality and business process documentation.
- Generates reports to system users and operational areas.
- Participates in systems projects for current and future implementation of business system modules and enhancements.
- Collaborates and coordinates with other team members, subject matter experts and stakeholders to inform updates to training material, supporting resources and knowledge transfer.
- Provides ongoing support and training to system users and operational areas.
- Documents, designs and delivers technical training for their area of expertise, as it relates to system changes
Other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with a minimum of 1 year of in Data Analytics.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge or experience with an ITSM system is an asset.
- Experience working with SharePoint administration considered an asset.
- Experience with value stream mapping, business process and data analysis, business rules definition, data definition and preparation.
- Experience in research and analysis to support a best practice approach to future state processes.
- Experience in creating functional specifications for reports, workflow, interfaces (functional), and extensions.
- Experience in test planning, developing and documenting test scripts, supporting and participating in testing.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong technical, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Ability to understand complex situations, tasks or problems, analyze them using a systematic approach and identify patterns and connections between situations that are not inherently obvious.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders ensuring stakeholder adoption.
- Innovation – welcomes, generates, and implements new ideas and solutions that help to achieve and organization’s strategic goals
- Problem solving and decision making – considers a wide range of information and perspectives to solve problems and make reasoned decisions; demonstrates a comfort with uncertainty and ambiguous conditions
- Achieves results – goal-oriented individual who thrives on achieving outcomes through consultative and collaborate methods.
- Integrity – acts with openness, honesty and respect to build and maintain an environment of trust
- Tenacity, resilience and patience – believes that own actions and efforts will overcome obstacles, make progress and attain successful results
- Visioning and Strategic Thinking – energizes people around the vision and keeps the bigger picture in mind
- Organizational awareness – understands and appreciates an organization’s internal culture and operating practices as well as the political and business climate in which the organization operates
*We are hiring two Strategic Analytics Consultant positions*
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$42.53 – $62.38 per hour
Admin Paygrade 09
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
People and Culture is committed to embracing, honoring, and promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We remain dedicated to focusing our efforts on creating an inclusive employee community that fosters a sense of safety and belonging for everyone. We humbly acknowledge that we are just beginning our journey, which includes engaging in our own internal learning and creating a data-driven action plan that supports the integration of EDI practice into the work of People and Culture and the work we do with employees and leaders. Langara College welcomes applications from everyone including people from groups that are experiencing inequity including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please contact us.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume. In addition, those shortlisted with international credentials must have their education credentials evaluated through WES (World Education Services) and provide Langara College, People & Culture document evaluation access for employment purposes.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and for taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the number of applications received.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.