Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara’s values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Langara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Strategic Analytics Consultant
Tuesday, February 1 2022
End Date (if applicable):
Under the general guidance of the leader of the designated operational area, this role acts as a primary resource and consults on business improvement, system transformation, and operational & informatics analytics. The Strategic Analytics Consultant identifies, recommends and implements opportunities for continuous improvement to systems and processes. This role provides ongoing support and training to end users and designated functional areas. In addition, in collaboration with stakeholder groups, IT, and systems vendors, is responsible for the maintenance, sustainment support and integration of systems such as Workday supporting People and Culture, Finance or Student Services, including testing, upgrade and product releases, and responding to systems-related questions.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role with a minimum of 1 year of in Data Analytics.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge or experience with an ITSM system is an asset.
- Experience working with SharePoint administration considered an asset.
- Experience with value stream mapping, business process and data analysis, business rules definition, data definition and preparation.
- Experience in research and analysis to support a best practice approach to future state processes.
- Experience in creating functional specifications for reports, workflow, interfaces (functional), and extensions.
- Experience in test planning, developing and documenting test scripts, supporting and participating in testing.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, projects and initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong technical, problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical, logical reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Ability to perform complex work with high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology and methods.
- Ability to write technical and user support documentation and training materials.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance to established policies, practices and standards.
- Ability to understand complex situations, tasks or problems, analyze them using a systematic approach and identify patterns and connections between situations that are not inherently obvious.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders ensuring stakeholder adoption.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
$35.64 – $52.27 per hour
Admin Paygrade 08
Compensation beyond the mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employers’ Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Please be advised that due to the amount of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.