Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Leica Biosystems’ mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. We’re a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence.
Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you’re helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we’re working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world’s biggest health challenges.
Leica Biosystems is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join our team in Newcastle.
The Payroll Specialist role has primary responsibility for supporting the Newcastle, Melbourne and Amsterdam business units with the payroll process, bank reconciliations and month-end duties.
- Administer the payroll function and manage payments to staff from bank.
- Collaborate with site HR function during payroll review and reconcile with Workday system.
- Payroll Year End for Newcastle.
- Monthly Journal posting for payroll.
- Monthly bonus accrual calculations and postings.
- Quarterly Holiday Accrual Calculation and posting.
- HMRC payments for Tax.
- Payroll Queries from associates.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Travel Invoice Posting and Reconciliation.
- Temporary Staff Invoice posting and accrual Spreadsheet preparation.
- Virtual Credit Card Issue and Reconciliation.
- Month End Duties including dock walk, AR/AP reclass and FX reclassification.
- Reconcile relevant balance sheet accounts, highlighting any discrepancies and justifying balance in line with SOX guidance.
- Maintain strong controls and compliance, supporting external audit, internal balance sheet reviews and regular SOX testing.
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience in payroll Year End.
- Proven ability to implement a programme of continuous process improvement.
- Experience with Sage Payroll or a similar payroll system
- Working knowledge of Excel & MS Word.
- Effective time management & inter personnel skills.
- Studying or wishing to study towards AAT or CIPP qualifications (study support provided)
At Leica Biosystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, hybrid working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement in which you can work part-time at the Company location identified above and part-time remotely from your home. Additional information about this hybrid work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Biosystems can provide.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.