Oak Ridge, TN
6314 Remote/Teleworker US
Leidos has a career opportunity for an Employee Records Specialist in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The Employee Records Specialist will support the Human Resource (HR) Services organization in the areas of processing employee data changes in the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system, and maintaining the employee master files of all active and former Leidos employees.
The Employee Records Specialist will provide advanced Workday processing guidance to other internal service teams in the HR Services organization. The Specialist will be responsible for entering both basic and complex transactions at the employee level into the Workday HCM system, including retroactive data changes. This role will also be reviewing/proofreading employee data transactions in Workday. The Specialist will support requests for file reviews submitted by recruiters, hiring managers, and other internal customers, as well as support the employee population for employment verification requests. Additionally, you will work closely with investigators from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other agencies in performing records checks. This position will have a strong focus on internal customer support and will require a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion due to the sensitivity of the records managed.
- Perform data entry of any Workday transactions where employees or managers are unable to complete them via Employee Self Service or Manager Self Service.
- Process personnel changes in Workday (i.e. employee transfers, promotions, salary, status and address changes, terminations, benefits enrollments, etc. based on input from internal and external customers).
- Interact with internal and external customers to open and close customer requests; using some judgment according to approved procedures.
- Researches and resolves concerns with minimum supervision based on experience and judgment.
- Perform transaction “walk-throughs” in support of internal or external audit requests.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external customers on Workday transaction procedures and Records Requests.
- Ensure HR data integrity and resolve missing data issues with manager, employee or HR POC.
- Review for accuracy all data entry Workday transactions against source documents for accuracy to include typographical and numerical entered data.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of employment files of Leidos employees
- Audits and reconcile imaged records for completeness and appropriateness quality and accuracy of imaged data prior to the removal of physical files.
- Performs scanning and indexing of HR Documents such as I-9’s or other forms to be maintained and stored in the HR Documentum system
- Provide support for management, inventory, maintenance, and retention of personnel records of 35,000+ active employees as well as retention of personnel files of former employees
- Responsible for the implementation and management of records management systems solutions
- Coordinates the separation of records into personnel records, immigration compliance records, medical records, drug test results, and litigation hold records.
- Prepares employee verification letters to social agencies, adoption agencies and others that cannot utilize third-party vendor verification
- Serve as a lead POC for Government Security Investigators
- Keeps accurate log of Government Security Investigator file reviews for OPM audit purposes
- Work with VP of HR Services, Workplace Relations, Legal and others as assigned to provide additional documentation and information as it relates to master employment records or background verification data
- Assists with the ordering of background verification requests for existing Leidos employees with third-party vendor for record completeness
- Participate in information sharing with other service center representatives; identifying trends and making recommendations for improvement.
- Position operates out of a shared services environment and, as such, requires a consistent on-site schedule and occasional after-hours support as needed or required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing.
- Demonstrated skills utilizing business software applications (such as MS Office) as well as ability to learn new applications quickly
- Ability to navigate multiple applications running simultaneously
- Ability to understand and complete complex retroactive processing.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to comprehend reports generated by HRIS/Workday that require research to isolate a problem; reach out to any affected department(s); and make any and all corrections within Workday.
- A minimum of a High School diploma coupled with 4+ years of general business experience.
Pay Range $33,150.00 – $51,000.00 – $68,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.