Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a HRIS Solution Architect/Chief Engineer to join a high performing Agile team in designing and deploying Workday at Veterans Affairs. Working as part of a dynamic team, the Solution Architect’s role will be to ensure Workday is configured in line with the customer’s needs and requirements to enable a great user experience for all users. This role will plan, design, set-up, implement, and work with others on system design, configuration and ongoing support.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
**Contingent upon Award**
- Support the definition, configuration, development and delivery of a successful Workday HR solution.
- Lead the creation of solution architecture documentation including future state process, configuration dictionaries, etc.
- Build an in-depth understanding of the customer’s current and future business needs and the relationship of interdependent project work streams.
- Develop and maintain the necessary plans for solutioning workshops, business process definition, configuration, testing and training support – including key tasks, milestones, and deliverables – aligned with delivering the overall solution.
- Assist with the deﬁnition of system processes and standards.
- Facilitate conversations with the customer to gather and provide recommendations on target business requirements in line with the Workday capabilities and the functional roadmap.
- Map stated customer requirements to standard Workday business processes, forming the basis of subsequent process-based discussions.
- Develop plans for Workday configuration for requirements that cannot be accommodated by standard, out-of-the-box functionality.
- Work with the Technical Lead and the Integration Lead to drive execution of planned activities to ensure solutioning is delivered on-time and in line with interdependent project workstreams.
- Provide the information and documentation needed for change orders.
- Support the project issue and risk identification, troubleshooting, decision-making, mitigation, and escalation processes to ensure quick and effective problem resolution.
- Support the transfer of relevant Workday product knowledge to target customer resources.
- Participate in the VA’s authorization and approval process (ATO, ATC, MOU, & etc.) for solutions and services.
- Provide support for the maintenance of system interfaces.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or other related field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- 5+ years of experience in solution architecture and data architecture, working with highly scalable systems.
- 2+ years of experience configuring Workday implementations, including the integration with strong knowledge of Agile development processes.
- Prior experience leading system engineering and/or solution architecture efforts at Veterans Affairs.
- Hands-on experience deploying cloud-based SaaS solutions (Azure and AWS)
- Ability to identify risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- Proficiency with solution diagramming and modeling, process modeling, data modeling using various modeling tools.
- Experience documenting solution architectures using standard templates, and summarizing the architectures for non-technical users in PowerPoint and MS Word documents.
- Experience with DODAF Framework.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks
- Strong communication skills.
- Certifications: CSM, Scaled Agile Framework certification (SAFe Agilist or other), cloud certifications, Workday certifications (HCM).
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.