CA – Fremont DC – 94
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
At Living Spaces, we take pride in being an environment that cultivates the best in our Team Members. From our corporate office in La Mirada, to our Distribution Centers, Manufacturing, Guest Services, Transportation, to any of our retail stores in the United States, you’ll find Team Members who have started and grown their careers at Living Spaces. We are a company driven by our core values of humility & respect, passion, innovation, speed & simplicity, fanatic discipline, social responsibility, coupled with the desire to provide our guests with the best possible experience they can have while furnishing their space.
We continuously strive to find dedicated, innovative, driven, enterprising Team Members to help drive our corporate vision – to be the best furniture retailer in the country. If you possess these skills, we invite you to join the journey at Living Spaces.
The HR Generalist will focus on strategic employee relations, performance management, succession planning, HRIS management and compliance with HR policies and procedures. The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment and manage a number of HR projects and initiatives with a strong attention to detail in addition to administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Form productive partnerships with management and team members
- Participate in weekly and monthly regional and departmental meetings
- Partner with leaders to drive a high engagement culture and support team member engagement efforts
- Champion team experience initiatives such as recognition, wellness and giving
- Assist management in maintaining a focus on regional bench strength and conduct succession and talent development meetings to drive internal promotions.
- Assist with HR policy implementation and communication
- Respond, investigate and resolve employee concerns and issues in accordance with company policies and practices
- Perform tasks that help support the HR department objectives
- Assist management with the hiring and onboarding process
- Assist managers with performance management and the disciplinary process
- Assist Team Members with questions related to HR process/procedures
- Assist with recruiting plans and advise management in maintaining proper staffing level
- Assist with retention communication and strategies
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Previous Human Resources experience in Distribution/Warehouse is a plus
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A. or B. S.) or equivalent from four-year college. Minimum of 4 years of experience in direct HR Generalist role with a strong emphasis on employee relations. Previous multi-unit Human Resources experience in retail a plus High level of initiative and ability to quickly identify and resolve issues. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have experience in Microsoft Office Proficiency, HRIS, ATS (Workday experience is a plus!)
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.