La Mirada, CA – Corporate
Current Living Spaces Employees: Please apply via your internal Workday Account.
Living Spaces is a growing home furnishing brand and we continue to open new locations. We know in order to stay current with the times and trends, we have to perpetually update our look and selection. What has truly sustained our growth — from 1 to over 20 locations, from 100 employees to over 2,000, from a humble home furnishings store to a widely recognized and respected lifestyle brand — are the talented individuals who have taken us there. We are looking for innovative, driven, and passionate professionals to join our team so we can reach even greater heights together.
We believe that a great team member experience leads to an even better guest experience. That is why we place a huge emphasis on building a great culture within our teams. Our ideal candidate will have natural talent: meaning, they possess the capacity and commitment, along with an openness to being coached around skills that will ensure they delight and exceed the expectations of our guests in all areas of Living Spaces business. We also believe in our team members taking ownership of their performance and how that contributes to the overall success of their role.
The Senior Compensation & Reporting Analyst will research job requirements and evaluate job positions to ensure the company is competitive in the areas of salaries and bonus structure. This role will also be responsible for data analysis and reporting for all aspects people analytics with a goal of improving candidate, employee and manager experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Conduct job evaluations and provide salary recommendations ensuring internal equity and market alignment of total compensation
- Review and select benchmark surveys, analyze and interpret relevant market data, and develop recommendations for updates to job, salary and bonus structures as appropriate
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Play a key role in the annual compensation review planning process to include merit, bonus, and equity programs
- Complete audits to check the integrity of the compensation data
- Stay current with market trends and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations as it relates to compensation
- Lead reporting and analytics for People data and recruiting operations, developing insights from data to drive business decisions and track progress on key objectives
- Build and automate user-friendly, self-service reports and dashboards; educate end users on how to use and interpret metrics
- Deliver monthly People Ops reporting used by leadership team to track progress against annual objectives; deliver ad hoc reporting as needed
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent from four-year college in Human Resources, Business Management, Computer Science or related degree. Minimum 5 years of compensation experience within the retail industry is a plus. Proficient knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research. Proven knowledge of human resource laws, regulations, and best practices. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proficient experience in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Excel. Able to create pivot tables, vlookups within Excel. Working knowledge of Workday advanced compensation and advance reporting is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a person’s race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), sexual orientation, or any other protected status except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Living Spaces participates in E-Verify. All newly-hired team members are queried through this electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify their identity and employment eligibility.