Lloyd’s UK: Chatham
Lloyd’s is transforming and needs curious minds to help define and influence that change. We’re looking for people with new perspectives and the confidence to share them, so come and join us.
Accounts Assistant, Financial Accounting
Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance and reinsurance marketplace. Yet the world is changing, and Lloyd’s is changing too – nimbler, faster, and able to offer customers and employees more products, services and insights supported by technology, innovation and the continuing desire to protect people, businesses and communities. Lloyd’s is where you can now bring your future to life
Responsible for the financial and management accounts processing for designated areas. To assist the Financial Accountant in meeting objectives concerning statutory financial accounting and reporting; management and security of the Corporation’s assets; provide support for the maintenance of Corporation accounting ledgers for designated areas; and improving operational efficiencies within the Financial Accounting Team in Chatham.
- Responsible for the financial and management accounts processing for designated areas. Maintain accounting records for the assigned operations within the Corporation ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared in line with timetable and resolve issues in timely manner. Assist with the budget and forecast exercises, as required.
- Assist the Financial Accountant with the production of statutory accounts for the Society of Lloyd’s and its subsidiaries, working on assigned sections. Assist with other external reporting requirements on a quarterly basis, or as required.
- Provide assistance during audits for the Corporation and assigned operations, liaising with internal and external auditors, actuaries, tax department, market reporting team, overseas finance staff and other key stakeholders.
- Provide assistance to Financial Accountant with project work as required, such as IT implementation projects and upgrades, and provide support to develop and execute business process streamlining projects that comply with Corporation policies.
- Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounting team, as required.
- Ownership of accounting for 4 small charities and 2 small Lloyd’s UK subsidiaries, including monthly accounting and production of first draft Annual Report financials and notes
- First point of contact for auditor questions and working with senior management and the business community engagement team to finalise the Annual Reports.
- Ability to work proactively and multi-task, both within a team and on an individual basis.
- Communicates clearly and effectively within financial and non-financial areas.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.
- Managing stakeholder relationships for designated areas.
- Working to tight deadlines and adhering to cross-departmental timetables.
- Some knowledge of statutory reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP and awareness of accounting frameworks for designated areas.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, in particular, Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Workday Accounting System or any recognized accounting software package.
- Experience of monthly management accounting.
- Experience of year-end statutory accounts preparation.
- Experience of working in international group would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Sun Accounting System
- Part qualified or AAT final level preferred
- Knowledge of charity accounting and IFRS preferred
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, and an enviable range of benefits.
Realise your professional ambitions as part of an organisation that is trusted to solve some of the world’s most complex problems in an environment that puts a focus on investing in human progress.
Please be aware that the recruitment process will comprise of a number of steps, your CV will be reviewed by our Recruitment team and if successful you will be invited to attend a telephone interview, followed by a more in-depth video interview. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a really positive experience for you.
Please click the following link which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Please note, clicking on this link does not register your application for the vacancy.