1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, ON
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
We are looking for a Senior Specialist to join our team. This position is an exciting opportunity to help us continue our Workday evolution and work for the largest Employer in Canada!
The Senior Specialist is responsible for Workday integration delivery and support activities. The Workday integration analyst will solicit requirements, design, develop, test and deploy various types of integrations using Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Web Services and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB). The analyst will evaluate current and future technologies in anticipation of changing/evolving business needs and identify operational, functional, and technological process improvements related to Workday integrations. The analyst is accountable to document and maintain expert knowledge of the Workday integration landscape. The individual will have specific expertise in system flow, integration methods, and data managed by Workday.
- Support Workday inbound and outbound integrations – maintain existing as well as build new integrations
- Follow change/release management processes to implement changes into production
- Interpret business needs, define technical solutions by soliciting requirements from business stakeholders and build solutions to meet the desired outcomes
- Review integrations and determine impacts to downstream systems
- Participate in root cause analysis, interpret the results, and convert them into action plans to prevent future issues
- Design and develop integrations and conduct unit and system integration tests
- Understand and follow defined integration/development standards and best practices
- Understand and ensure security and data privacy standards are followed
- Maintain an awareness of current and developing trends with relevant technologies, systems development methodologies and best practices by being an active member in Workday Community
- Maintain close ties and collaborate with other process and technology departments including business analysts, network services, service desk as well as other technology platform teams
- Collaborate with other architects and technical leads on design decisions
- Accountable for documentation including detailed system flow charts, data flow diagrams and integration outlining processes and data mappings
- Consult with business and technical teams about interface design and maintenance
- Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer)
- Strong problem solving, expert analytical and technical skills with strong documentation abilities
- Hands-on troubleshooting and design/implementation experience
- Comprehend database architecture, tables, functional interactions, and recognize as well as understand impacts to downstream systems
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of agile software development processes and the development lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced / agile environment while handling daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office desktop products
- Ability to think clearly under pressure and in stressful environments
- Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience as a Workday Integration analyst/developer
- Workday Pro certification strongly desired, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of HR/Payroll information systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technology colleagues
- Experience with Web Services and APIs (WSDL, SOAP, REST and WS standards)
- Strong technical experience with XML and JSON
- Agile and Interactive delivery experience would be an asset
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
- Workday experience or training preferred
Technical and/or functional Workday HCM and Payroll background a plus
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary (Fixed Term)
Type of Contract:
Loblaw recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.