NY – New York – Loews Hotels & Co Corporate Office
TN – Nashville – Loews Hotels & Co
FL – Orlando – Loews Hotels & Co
Headquartered in New York City, located in midtown Manhattan on New York’s famed Eastside, our Loews Hotels & Co Home Office teams provide support to all our properties throughout the United States and Canada. Our talented teams provide guidance over strategic planning, operations, revenue management, communications, marketing, finance, human resources, and information technology.
The ideal locations for this role are New York City, Orlando, or Nashville. Remote workplace flexibility is offered.
The Director of Learning and Development leads the design and integration of a learning approach that enables Team Member success throughout Loews Hotels & Co. This Center of Expertise (COE) role is a virtual role responsible for the development and implementation of an overall Learning and Development (L&D) strategy that includes the design, development and implementation of leadership and individual development programs. This role identifies learning needs and collaborates with internal and external partners to develop relevant, integrated content that impacts the business priorities of the organization. He/she will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to create blended learning solutions for programs such as on-boarding/orientation, leadership development (front-line leader, high potential leaders, sales leadership, etc.), team member development programs along with other enterprise programs such as compliance, diversity and inclusion training.
This leader reports to the SVP of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness and partners with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and functional leaders to identify current and future training and development needs for key roles and workforce segments. As the COE Lead, he/she will partner with regional/departmental leadership to design and implement programs aligned with their business objectives. This position collaborates closely with the Director(s) of Training to ensure programs designed by Learning and Development are delivered in the most effective manner. Travel required in the role will account for approximately 30-40% of the individual’s time.
- Builds and nurtures strong collaborative partnerships with hotel operators, support center/home office leaders, drawing from business acumen and demonstration of leadership competencies
- Assesses long and short-term organizational needs, creating a plan for expanding capabilities
- Evolves and scales a learning framework, incorporating the Loews Hotels & Co competency model, in order to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for organizational growth
- Assists in the design of and oversees Workday Learning, the learning management system for the company.
- Designs curriculum for learning and development programs
- Guides implementation of learning that reflects business best practices in ways that are creative, relevant and straightforward
- Problem solves with partners to understand root cause issues and determine whether a learning solution can be leveraged; integrates 70/20/10 model of development into curricula
- Develops useful learning assessments/metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development programs aligned with desired business outcomes
- Analyzes feedback and continuously improves learning experiences
- Facilitates sessions when appropriate; assists the Director of Training lead train-the-trainer sessions to ensure successful program and content delivery
- Curates relevant content and distribution channels that are easy-to-access/implement, enabling sustainment
- 5+ years professional experience in learning and development, instructional design and measurement of initiatives linked to business objectives
- Proven ability to understand an organization’s current/desired state and actions to close gaps
- Designing curriculum utilizing adult learning expertise
- Experience with managing learning management systems, preferably Workday
- Understanding of latest trends in learning and development
- Knowledge of learning and development technologies
- Experience using authoring tools such as Captivate, Storyline, Articulate, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, think strategically and drive collaborative results
- Expertise as a business advisor and learning innovator
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, ever changing environment with minimal direction
- Proven project management skills, especially aligning resources, budgets, and deadlines
- Change management experience
- Demonstrated experience integrating brand design/visual language, technological innovation and practical learning application; experience managing vendor relationships that specialize in these services
- Ability to make data-driven and strategic decisions
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Master’s degree