United Kingdom – Towcester Northamptonshire
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
The Human Resources Admin Officer is part of the HR Connections (HRC) team at Lumentum. HRC is the first point of contact for an employee who seeks information or raises an inquiry related to their employment life cycle, Benefits, and HR policies and procedures.
This is a fast-paced, welcoming and energetic environment. We are looking for someone who is seeking an opportunity to develop current skills and long-term career aspirations, build new capabilities, while aspiring for continuous improvement. You are agile and have a strong sense of urgency, flexibility, attention to detail and exceptional collaboration skills. You are an independent, self-starter and proactive individual, who will help us optimize our HR programs to the next level.
This is a Hybrid role. Candidates will be expected to attend the office two days per week in Caswell – Northamptonshire.
- Serve as an escalation point for shared services support as needed. Maintain detailed knowledge of HR service areas and answer employee inquiries pertaining to HR programs, processes, procedures, and communications.
- Supporting HR Business Partners in the EMEA region and getting involved in HR Process Improvement Projects.
- Process Workday HCM activities, including supporting monthly payroll instructions, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain records related to human resources activities, policy changes, or additions.
- Assist with administration of human resources programs, policies and practices.
- Conduct new hire orientation presentations and assist with coordinating other on-boarding programs. Monitor and follow-up on completion of onboarding tasks such as policy acknowledgement and recordkeeping to meet compliance requirements.
- Support benefits administration and annual open enrolment activities.
- Assist with benefits invoices and new vendor set-up administration.
- Must maintain confidentiality about employee data, including business information that is not available to non-HR employees.
- A recent graduate or a returner with a desire to work in a fast moving HR environment
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent expertise is desirable.
- Experience with data entry into Workday or other HR database preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- MS Office Suite experience, emphasis on Workday, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work independently as well as within a team.
- Professional and customer focused approach, including some discretion and sensitivity handling confidential matters and information. Must be able to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization.