Canada – Ottawa
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
Human Resources Learning & Development Manager
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Join an outstanding team of HR professionals and direct the Talent Development program for Lumentum, including:
The Learning & Development Manager reports directly to the Sr. Director of the HR Program Management Team and leads a small but globally impactful team. The Manager of Learning & Development is responsible for leading the global learning and development strategy. This role will partner with the global human resources community and functions to ensure the right programs are in place and align with other learning initiatives. Our programs focus on management and leadership development that support our business strategy and company culture. This is a hands-on role that will lead the development and execution of learning management at Lumentum, creating a high-performance environment and emphasizing our guiding principles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manager Training
- Leadership Development
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Managing global legal training requirements
- Manage global performance management system
- Creating learning content
- Delivering training
- Working with external vendors
- Integrating learning platform content
- Mentorship programs
- Career development opportunities
- Career path design
- Engage with Company stakeholders to drive an integrated, global company strategy for building leadership and management capability at all levels.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert for support in the area of Executive leadership development.
- Knowledgeable of talent trends, emerging learning technologies, and advanced thinking around development solutions to accelerate talent and organizational effectiveness.
- Drive a high-performance environment in order to increase capabilities in global people managers that delivers both company results and high employee engagement.
- Cultivate a strong partnership with HR Business Partners and stakeholders to build a strong foundational understanding of business issues, business strategy, how it translates into people strategy, and concrete measures/tracking of impact
- Owns and drives the ongoing development and implementation of Lumentum’s global performance management program.
- Accountable for the creation and delivery of Learning & Development learning products:
TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS:
Ensure the appropriate stakeholder engagement to identify program objectives, assumptions and constraints.
PROGRAM DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT:
Ensure program designs are aligned and integrate with other learning initiatives.
In partnership with the Sr. Director, HR PMO, ensure that new programs/learning products have a solid project plan. Identify internal and external design/delivery resources.
Review feedback to assess program effectiveness and evolve program content/approach as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial and Organizational Development, and/or related field
- 10+ years of experience in a learning and development environment
- 5+ years of LMS experience
- Workday experience preferred
- Glint experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence within a complex fast-paced organization.
- Must have strong strategic skills and the ability to move seamlessly and quickly from strategic to tactical.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player who is open to exploring new ways of doing things
- An active listener who engages the HR organization and business stakeholders to first understand and then to provide meaningful solutions.
- A creative individual who is highly organized and able to juggle multiple priorities, plan and allocate resources to achieve optimum results and catch the details without losing sight of the big picture.
- Effective verbal communicator who presents well to different stakeholders.
- Has a passion for their work.