Canada – Ottawa (Bill Leathem)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Lumentum Canada was awarded the 2022 National Capital Region’s Top Employers for the 6th consecutive year and the 2022 Career Directory Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates for the 5th consecutive year.
- 4 months May 2024 – August 2024
The Talent and Learning Intern’s responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
- Curate content and develop targeted campaigns to promote various learning resources for key audiences
- Gather employee and marketplace insights, data, and trends, to drive learning solutions and actions
- Prepare presentations to shape thinking on the future of talent management
- Utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and other software tools/ solutions as needed to prepare documents and presentations
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Consult with business partners to understand the strategic business roadmap, and recommend training solutions based on identified needs
- Assist team members in measuring and optimizing the ROI of training projects/initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement / sustainment efforts of talent and learning programs
- Support projects related to talent development, performance management, culture, learning systems, and diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Provide logistical support for various leadership program and workshops
- Support Talent and Learning team members with day-to-day responsibilities and tasks
- Currently enrolled in a Human Resources or related field Master’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school following the internship.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with supporting the implementation and maintenance of talent and learning systems and programs
- Workday experience desired, but not required
- Passion for building a career in Talent Management and Learning
- Self-starter who is results oriented, resourceful, and proactive
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Experience with conducting industry research and summarizing findings
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Effective at managing and prioritizing multiple competing tasks
- Project Management experience including creating project plans and preparing communications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with effective communications and working with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience effectively managing and executing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft applications with strong capability in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills