United Kingdom – Towcester Northamptonshire
Slovenia – Skofljica
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
We are excited to share that we have a new opportunity on our Talent and Learning team. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to Lead Talent and Learning initiatives in our European locations. This position will play a crucial role in developing and retaining top talent within the organization. The role involves implementing strategic talent initiatives, collaborating with various stakeholders, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth. As part of a global team there will be opportunities for collaboration, creativity, program development and working on global initiatives.
- Actively contribute to the design and execution of the talent strategy by managing chosen projects, processes, and initiatives in areas of performance management, talent identification, development and promotion, and onboarding globally and regionally.
- Collaborate with HRBPs and leaders globally to achieve desired business results and to target and implement program improvements.
- Develop blended and scalable training and talent management solutions, evaluating both face-to-face, virtual, and digital solutions, for delivery to a large audience throughout the globe, making learning an unforgettable experience
- Drive global organizational and talent management strategies that are aligned to support the execution of our business strategy and priorities and our culture.
- Accountable for the ongoing evolution and execution of the Enterprise Talent Review process (i.e., talent identification and succession planning) with action-oriented outcomes that are shared across the relevant COEs and HRBPS
- Ensure that Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is both an input and output to the talent management and organizational effectiveness processes.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement by regularly evaluating the effectiveness of programs and interventions, seeking feedback, monitoring outcomes, and making iterative adjustments as needed
- Develop and implement succession planning programs to identify and prepare high-potential employees for key roles.
- Work with leadership to create talent pipelines and ensure a smooth transition during organizational changes.
- Utilize leadership development strategies, tools, and processes to identify learning needs and employee competencies by conducting a talent assessment to fill key skills and talent gap
- Collaborate with managers to assess employee development needs and create personalized development plans.
- Design and implement training programs, mentoring initiatives, and other development opportunities.
- Support the design and implementation of performance management processes.
- Continually assess and look for opportunities to update performance management processes.
- Implement initiatives to enhance employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Conduct surveys, analyze data, and provide recommendations to improve the overall employee experience.
Learning and Development:
- Align talent management initiatives with training programs to help Lumentum meet strategic business objectives.
- Ensure that learning opportunities are aligned with career development goals.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze talent and learning metrics to inform decision-making and identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare regular reports on talent and learning management initiatives and outcomes for leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience in talent management or a related HR function.
- Strong understanding of talent development, performance management, and employee engagement concepts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Workday applications and LMS
- Collaborator and creator who values teamwork and a great customer experience
- Commercial acumen with a natural curiosity to understand the global and regional business, building credibility.
- Ability to create order from ambiguity & willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve problems.
- Operates with a sense of urgency.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field.
- Professional certifications in talent management or related areas.
- Professional coaching certification.
- Experience in implementing and managing talent management software or systems.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and emerging trends in talent and learning management.
- Workday experience and reporting
- This position will be located onsite at a Lumentum office
- The position may require travel to site locations in Europe
Lumentum is a dynamic and innovative company and as such, roles and responsibilities may shift and evolve to meet the needs of the organization. Lumentum values and promotes an environment of belonging and diversity where differences are celebrated.