Thailand – Pathumthani (Navanakorn)
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
What Will You Do?
As our University Relations Specialist supporting intern and new graduate hiring in our Thailand office, you’ll play an essential role in Lumentum’s University Relations plan to attract and hire top, diverse university talent and to establish Lumentum as an employer of choice on college campuses in the APAC region. The primary areas of focus for the University Relations Specialist are to partner with managers and the HR team to execute a university campus strategy, develop and guide relationships with partner schools, and manage the recruitment effort to acquire intern/co-op, and regular full time university talent. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Determine the proper universities to recruit at based on their available matching majors, quality of students and acceptance rates.
- Support a calendar of intern campus recruitment events and oversee all logistical coordination and implementation through planning, resource requirements, needs assessment in support of the Lumentum intern program in Thailand and APAC.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with Talent Acquisition, HR partners and business functions to strengthen University Relations recruitment initiatives.
- Working across APAC and globally with other university programs, collaborate on cross-region events with the goal of creating networking opportunities for interns and employees, regardless of location.
- Share research and competitive intelligence related to APAC intern programs to ensure partner schools and academic programs are recommended and aligned to meet the organizations university talent needs and business capabilities
- Establish campus brand awareness and engagement that is a catalyst to lead students to see Lumentum as the employer of choice
- In partnership with the regional DIB Committee, oversee the Diversity, Inclusion and Belong (DIB) Scholarship application, and selection process for APAC intern students
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field. Majors may include Human Resources, Business, Marketing or other related fields
- Experience with campus recruitment and collegiate recruiting at both the Undergraduate and Graduate levels
- 2 plus years overall related professional experience including at least 1 year of similar experience in University Relations in a small to mid-size company in Thailand.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, calendar, and coordinate brand events, guide multiple projects and competing priorities for an intern/co-op program in Thailand.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to travel as needed during peak recruitment season and as part of developing and strengthening college and university partnerships
- Ability to present with proficient communication and storytelling skills
Additional Success Factors
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in applicant tracking systems and candidate relationship management tools; experience with Workday preferred
- Ability to exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience using Social Media platforms to promote and brand university relations programs
All offers of employment are subject to background checks, appropriate work authorizations, and depending on country, drug screens may be required prior to start date.
As a global employer, Lumentum is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Protected categories differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction but may include race, ethnic origin, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.