Supports project ID development and monitoring proper usage through labor reporting
• Ability to analyze and interpret government proposal pricing and basis of estimates and translate that into contact financial management upon execution
• Experience working on FAR 15 governed contracts including Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF),Time and Material (T&M) and Fixed Price (FP).
• Support development and maintenance of program work statements of authorization consistent with company disclosure statement in order to support contract requirements and cost collection as need for billing purposes.
• Ability to communicate & collaborate with customers (i.e. Program Mangers, Vendors, Other Departments) to ensure operational understanding of the contract to support overall financial management
• Ensure compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and contractual requirements.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint
• Experience with Workday Adaptive Planning
• Microsoft Excel including VBA
Primary responsibilities include analyzing costs, preparing financial reports and providing recommendations to leadership for lines of business according to established policies, guidelines and methodologies. Prepare journal entries and analyses in conjunction with month end close process and meet monthly deadlines.
- Depending on area supporting, duties may vary.
- Analyzes complex financial information and reports; provides accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Develops sophisticated financial models. Provides recommendations based upon evaluation of financial trends and forecasts.
- Evaluates and monitors the efficiency and performance of programs, ensuring program execution is on target.
- Manages dashboard reporting by tracking monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and expenses.
- Obtains a thorough understanding of operating infrastructure of Strategic Business Unit(s) (SBUs) operations to be able to proactively analyze and identify opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements.
- Regularly reviews historical operating results and proactively identifies and analyzes potential revenue enhancement and cost saving opportunities.
- Performs a variety of pro forma financial and operating analyses as requested to support proposals.
- Reviews and understands fluctuations across SBUs in delivering cost of care and variations in cost of care. Differentiates impact of rate versus utilization variations.
- Supports SBUs by providing information, responding to questions and resolving complex problems and issues.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Other Job Requirements
This position requires significant financial analytical experience and demonstrated health care industry knowledge. Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets and frame it to actionable analysis.
Understanding of the financial structure and business practices of the managed care industry OR federal acquisition regulations if supporting Magellan Federal.
Strong PC skills are essential, with advanced skills in Excel and Hyperion Essbase or other large enterprise financial software.
Roles supporting Magellan Federal require working knowledge of compliance requirements and accounting complexities
of federal government contracting, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards) CAS.
General Job Information
Senior Financial Analyst
Work Experience – Required
Work Experience – Preferred
Education – Required
Bachelor’s – Accounting, Bachelor’s – Finance
Education – Preferred
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.