About this role:
The Payroll Analyst assists in the overall day-to-day duties included in the administration of MSH Payroll to ensure the accuracy of payroll information through review, audit, and analysis of employee time sheets, payroll records and reports. This includes tracking employee work hours, updating records when an employee's status changes, answering payroll questions employees have, monitoring allowance code entries, and processing corrections. The Payroll Analyst maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures and will also support the Payroll Officer and the Accounting department on an ad hoc basis to ensure follow through on various projects and in the event of unavailability of other accounting staff.
What are the main responsibilities?
Payroll Support – 100%
Under the direction of the Payroll Officer:
- Perform bi-weekly review of portal timesheet entry and perform data entry of allowances and other payroll data for completion of the payroll in any of the related systems. These tasks need to be completed by established deadlines.
- Monitor and answer Payroll Mailbox inquiries. Escalate inquiries as needed.
- Review timesheet and employee records for HSV availability usage.
- Perform bi-weekly paycheck journal entry from Workday download and upload the data and info into the general ledger.
- Track outstanding original timesheets and communicate tardy original timesheet info with employees, supervisors and HR regularly.
- Entering allowance data (from timesheets, shared spreadsheets) into excel Allowance sheets and Workday software for payment.
- Perform payroll-related and other G/L account reconciliations. Support account reconciliations and communicate any discrepancies to the Payroll Officer.
- Assist with the preparation, copying, and filing of standard payroll reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
What do you need to apply?
MSH employs people of passion, we seek those individuals who dream of a better world. We look for professionals who combine experience, local knowledge, and an understanding of international best practices.
Specific requirements for this role are:
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience).
Preferred: Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, Economics
Required: 3-5 years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarization with standard spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Project based timesheets, government contracting
- Firm understanding and sense of importance regarding attention to detail
- Data entry experience
- Familiarization with Deltek’s Costpoint software strongly preferred.
- Familiarization with Workday preferred
- Ability to prepare and present financial reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Travel requirements, Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs., etc.
The expected salary range for this position is: $45,500.00 – $57,000.00 annually (U.S. locations only).
MSH considers multiple job-related factors when determining an offer, including but not limited to, business and organizational needs, candidate qualifications, internal equity, location, and internal budget.
Salary is just one of many aspects of our total rewards package; at MSH, our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive set of competitive benefits that includes a substantial vacation, sick and holiday policies, training and development programs, competitive insurance coverage for health, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 401k plan, Flexible Spending Account, among others.
The selected candidate is authorized to work in the US and can perform their job remotely within the USA.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.