Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech has an immediate need for a full-time Human Resources Business Partner to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Herndon, VA (remote/hybrid remote potential). We are seeking a proactive and passionate HR professional who can inspire, engage, and focus on the business needs and join our commitment to ManTech being an Employer of Choice. As we continue on our trajectory of becoming an industry-leading HR function that sets us aside from our competitors, we are searching for someone to further the capability and credibility of our team.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for partnering closely with business leaders to lead the human capital initiatives that contribute significantly to the most critical business results. Our HR service center handles transactional HR support, so it is the primary role of the HRBP to provide thought leadership to the business through the design and execution of talent strategy. This requires forming a strong and productive partnership with our corporate delivery centers (compensation, benefits, learning & development, employee relations and HR analytics) while representing the priorities of the business in order to work across lines and provide partnership that effectively impacts the direction of the people strategy. In many cases, this requires the ability to know when to challenge, when to support, and how to influence in a way that drives organizational change.
The primary areas of human capital focus include employee retention, employee outreach & engagement, workforce planning and forecasting, employee relations, development of employees that increases the capability of our workforce, and internal talent mobility. Essential functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with all management levels to drive business results that optimize talent, structure, process and culture.
- Collaborating with managers to resolve daily issues and develop short and long term HR. strategies and solutions designed to achieve optimal departmental performance and organizational effectiveness.
- Partnering and coaching managers on effectively engaging employees and addressing employee relations issues.
- Acting as a change agent for key business changes and as an advocate in the communication of HR changes.
- Using data driven HR business insights to provide solutions and recommendations to management.
- Supporting and executing the strategic direction of HR, including implementation of high value-added HR processes that support business goals and objectives.
- Proactively identifying performance improvements and initiating positive changes in HR practices; creatively addressing problem solving to provide solutions that support superior customer service.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently and make independent decisions, ensuring high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts in a team environment. In addition, he or she will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be agile and responsive to change, and embrace the opportunity to have impact and influence.
The HRBP will support ManTech’s Defense Sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years’ of experience working in human resources
- Thorough understanding and wide application of technical HR principles, theories and concepts, as well as HR best practices.
- Strong comprehension of US employment law, federal and state laws, and government contracting compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative with minimal supervision and exercise strong prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- High work ethic, high ethical standards and strong commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated experience coaching, influencing, and building effective relationships with leaders and employees to influence decisions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and driving change initiatives.
- Experience working in HR in the government contracting industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to travel to conduct site visits at various locations (up to 15%).
- PHR certification
- Experience with Workday
- Ability to obtain a top secret (TS) clearance
- Acquisition experience is a plus
- Service Contract Act experience highly preferred
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech’s Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer – minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech’s utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.