USA, Massachusetts, Boston, 200 Berkeley Street
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
The Global HR Employee Experience Design team is all about creating experiences employees love and is focused on understanding the needs of its colleagues and providing solutions that simplify the complex to make lives easier. By enabling personalized, curated experiences in the moments that matter, we help make every day better.
As the Director of the Employee Experience Solutions team, you will have the opportunity to shape our HR systems strategy, HR processes and support global HR compliance for the organization, managing efforts related to all aspects of the Human Resources function. You will lead a team of technical analysts and consultants responsible for enhancing and maintaining our global suite of HR tools – including Workday, and Cornerstone.
Leveraging human center design and agile principles, and a global mindset, you will advocate for best-in-class technology solutions, in support of a personalized and curated employee experience. You will use your strong leadership capabilities and broad HR understanding to build positive and collaborative relationships with the team and our stakeholders.
This role is a full-time, hybrid position (3 days in office)
- Lead a large global team of consultants and analysts responsible for day-to-day Tier 2 and Tier 3 issue resolution, system configuration, and application maintenance
- Collaborate with the broader Employee Experience Design team, Corporate Group Technology team and COEs in the development of a global HRIS technology strategy and roadmap
- Provide leadership and oversight across all HR systems; develop strategies and ensure effective utilization as we continue to expand, evolve, and build foundational capabilities and structures through the effective use of technology and scalable processes.
- Champion and maximize our existing technology, systems and tools using human-centered design principles in support of continuous improvement across the end user experience. This includes recommending automation and self -service opportunities.
- Ensure global alignment and consistency while effectively balancing global, regional, and local needs
- Set security strategy, ensure accurate security role permissions are maintained and oversee internal and external audits.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of strong process controls including but not limited to data maintenance strategy, data validation and data integrity controls.
- Manage all HRIS vendor relations and system consultants in partnership with Procurement and Global Technology team, as appropriate.
- Lead and oversee the effort to define, test, release/implement and administer Workday and other HR systems
- Partner with the Global HR Reporting team to maintain workforce dashboards, responsible for data analytics, and insights to enable decisions across our CoEs.
- Partner with legal and compliance team to ensure all emerging requirements are captured and architect and implement updates to processes, policies and systems resulting from new compliance requirements
- Leverage current and future HRIS system capabilities to ensure data integrity Oversee prioritization efforts and resource management to ensure effective planning to deliver on our many priorities
- Stay apprised of what’s happening across the organization and within our technology to proactively look for opportunities to enhance the employee experience
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of implementation and support experience with Workday and other related HR Systems (Cornerstone, ADP etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Workday professionals who own configuration, maintenance, support, and project management of technology solutions.
- Combination of experience in Human Resources and technology experience, implementing and managing HRIS and Learning systems (Workday and Cornerstone)
- Progressive experience creating an HRIS infrastructure and roadmap and solid understanding of software lifecycle development (SDLC) methodologies
- Experience managing the adoption and implementation of vendor releases
- Ability to translate vision into executable strategy, an operational mindset, and a track record for designing, driving, managing, and scaling innovating processes, programs, and systems globally
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative partnerships across all levels of the organization, as well as with external partners, to provide innovative solutions that address business needs Ability to think conceptually and exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing business issues in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Ability to cut through complexity – simplify broad strategy into specific actions to ensure your team provides the best service and outcomes within expected timelines
- experience with Human Centered Design (HCD), Agile methodologies an asset
- Workday certifications in HCM, Time Tracking, Absence, Recruiting, Talent and Talent Acquisition CHRP/CHRL
What we can offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills
- A focus on growing your career path with us
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance Professional development and leadership opportunities
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together. Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career. Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services. Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives. Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected].