We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Global HR Employee Experience Design team is all about creating experiences employees love and is focused on understanding the needs of its colleagues and providing solutions that simplify the complex to make lives easier. By enabling personalized, curated experiences in the moments that matter, we help make every day better.
As a HR Solutions Consultant within the Global HR Employee Experience Team, you are always looking for ways to innovate and improve the Employee Experience, promoting and advocating for our technology. You are a domain expert that is plugged in to what’s happening in Workday and other HR technology through peer networks, vendor resources like Workday Community and other available resources. You enjoy constantly learning and applying new advances in technology for the organization that exemplify and uphold our vision and strategy.
Because you are highly technical, strategic and end-user focused, you’re able to identify problems or risks and develop forward thinking solutions that you can authoritatively explain back to the clients using visuals and language they can understand. You know when to challenge, when to ask for help or when to go above and beyond for success.
You’ll think and act globally while addressing local nuances when creating the right technology solutions. You will collaborate and build partnerships across HR as well as with Group Functions Technology (GFT), Compliance, Finance and other areas of the business.
This position is full-time, hybrid role, based in Manila. It is a position for day shift during local business hours.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director, Experience Solutions you will:
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver on business as usual activities (support configuration requests for time off, time tracking, leave of absence, HCM, etc ), leading improvements and problem solving related to the processes
- Serve as a solution domain expert, supporting the discovery, design, configuration, documentation, testing and post-implementation of HR system enhancements
- Act as technical support to create and maintain custom reports and dashboards in our various HR tools (Workday, Salesforce, PowerBi, etc.) to support our clients and the Advanced Analytic team
- Be responsible for configuration, testing and implementation of system upgrades, ensuring compliance with our process and procedures
- Create and maintain detailed configuration and standard Operating procedures (SOPs)
- Balance multiple concurrent projects that require inputs from cross-functional partners while managing expectations and impact on end users
- In a supporting role assist with impact assessments, regression testing and communication plans
- Stay current with latest advancements and opportunities within our suite of HR technology (Workday, Cornerstone, Salesforce, EdCast etc.)
- Experience with Workday required
- 3+ Years of HRIS configuration and time off, time tracking/leave of absence experience required (Workday experience preferred)
- Experience in Workday reporting, calculated fields, complex reporting
- Functional experience working across the HR field supporting HR programs and cyclical events across Compensation, Time and Absence
- Experience with large global organization and able to implement solutions under tight timelines and prioritize work effectively to deliver successfully
- Demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism within data privacy standards
Additional Education and Experience:
- Experience with ADP Global View (PECI, PICOF, EXPR) an asset
- Workday Studio experience and/or Workday Pro Certification(s) an asset
- Experience with JIRA or use and configuration of Salesforce for Case Management or similar application an asset
- Experience working in agile environment an asset
- Excellent customer service, communication and relationship building skills, including assessing needs, building rapport, and managing expectations through open and frequent communication
- Strong technical acumen, logic, judgement, and decision making
- Proven demonstration of initiative and desire to build skills in new areas
- Solid understanding of data – how to obtain, how to interpret, how to use for analysis and to help drive decisions
- Solid consulting experience e.g., experience presenting, explaining complex functionality, developing ability to influence
- Exemplify ethics and uphold all data privacy and compliance policies
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills
- A focus on growing your career path with us
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact
About Manulife and John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Asia, Canada, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2022, we had more than 40,000 employees, over 116,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 34 million customers. At the end of 2022, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, including total invested assets of $0.4 trillion (US $0.3 trillion), and segregated funds net assets of $0.3 trillion (US$0.3 trillion). We trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges, and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.