Tokyo Mktg and Sales Office
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others’ vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Perform generalist HR administration relating to the entire employee life cycle; including recruitment, training and development, employee relations, recognition and performance management.
Perform HR Generalist role with focus on HR policy and procedures, HR reports, HRIS, Talent Acquisition, learning, development, performance management,
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
HR Policy & Procedures
- Assist with naming and putting all Local Standard Operating Procedures (LSOPs) onto the standard and consistent template for Japan.
- Maintain the contents of the bank of HR policies and LSOPs for Japan in the Integrated Hub – HR folder.
- Update the web when there are changes in the HR Policies with a consistent approach.
- Assist in writing and updating HR policy and procedures for Japan, including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and review assigned written documents (example: business letters, emails, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing of documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain HR records and documents in the HR Sharepoint.
- Assist in preparation for HR Audit.
- Prepare monthly Headcount Report and maintain in Microsoft Teams.
- Maintain HR reports (example: Headcount report, Open Job Requisition report, etc.) in Teams.
- Maintain the Job Description bank for Japan.
- Manage recruitment portal, arrange interviews, and draft offer letters
- Maintain and update database of employment agreement for contractors
Human Resources Information System (HRIS) – Workday
- Point of support for general Workday questions for Japan
- Assist in developing Workday task aids
- Check and validate that employee records are updated and correct in Workday
- Coordinate in Workday issues and escalate to Associate Service Center
- Administer the payroll process including preparation of payroll documentation and the update of payroll templates and Workday
- Check associates’ attendance sheet for overtime calculation
- Liaise with the Finance-Payroll team and escalate items of concern to management
- Attend to Finance quarterly payroll audit checks (e.g.: offer letter, termination letter, promotion, transfer, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
- Manage the safety confirmation system (new registration, deregistration, information update, etc.)
- Manage Service Award
- Collect and store associates’ medical check-up results
Learning, Development and Performance Management
- Manage and conduct new hire orientation for all new hires, ensuring the orientation deck is constantly refreshed and up to date with Corporate HR.
- Enroll all associates for mandatory training courses (as and when required by site).
- Track and ensure completion of compliance/mandatory training courses for all associates (assigned by Corporate HR or Site).
- Maintain training records for core leadership training programs and HR training courses.
- Assist with training preparation and other related training coordination tasks.
- Assist in coordination of Performance Management (Touchpoint) process.
Associate Relations and Engagement
- Assist HR Manager in the Associate Engagement Survey process and administration.
- Manage the Exit Survey Process and Guide.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other associates and departments.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other associates, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Handle sensitive issues with associates with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others in the APEME HR team to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Human Resources Project
- Provide support in HR projects and assignments as and when required.
- Manage purchase order and process HR related Invoice
- Employer Certification in Social Insurance Documents
- Order stationaries, business cards and name tags
- Maintain organizational chart for Japan to be up to date
- Ensure proper filing and accurate maintenance of all employee records and files
- Issue various types of certificates (e.g., Employment Certificate)
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Be proactive, team-oriented and have a flexible approach to work to support the needs of the team and the business.
- Maintain an attitude and commitment to provide excellent HR operational service to all associates.
- Maintain working knowledge of computer systems (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Comply with MVCI and Marriott Vacations Worldwide policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by HR Manager.
Education and Experience
Diploma/Degree in Human Resources Management
or relevant business field
Related Work Experience
Proven experience as an HR Executive
Experience working in the Timeshare industry an advantage
COMPETENCIES – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities
- Computer Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity Relations
- Communication (verbal/written)
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Applied Reading
- English Language Proficiency is required. Additional APEME languages will be an advantage
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Working knowledge of HRIS administration required, preferably in Workday
- Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate level skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint is an advantage
- Maintaining Confidentiality
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.