Dallas – Main
Chicago – 155 Wacker
Atlanta – Lenox
Oliver Wyman provides customized actuarial services and strategic insight, supporting clients as they strive to exceed their business objectives. Our exceptional client and employee retention exemplify our commitment to relationships built on trust, responsiveness, and clear communication.
The Actuarial Practice of Oliver Wyman is an operating division of the Oliver Wyman Group, a member of the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC), the foremost employer of actuaries in the world. The Actuarial Practice of Oliver Wyman has over 600 employees operating across 10+ offices globally.
Oliver Wyman uses mathematical and statistical modeling skills and our qualitative assessment methodologies to assist our clients in evaluating and addressing risk. Our solutions help clients to manage and prepare for the potential financial consequences of uncertain future events.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Assistant Human Resources Manager
Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas/Fort Worth
Director of Human Resources
The Assistant Human Resources Manager plans and administers human resources activities, providing frontline HR support to employees and management. Responsibilities include the coordination and support of a variety of Human Capital activities, including but not limited to the assigned Region/Office(s). This person will assist with initiatives to help build and maintain a strong office community in an inclusive and positive office environment. Activities may include program administration, policy and procedure implementation support, payroll and benefits employee assistance, orientation, employee engagement, and employee relations.
Office Morale and Employee Engagement
- Partner with leadership to help build and maintain a strong community in an inclusive and positive office environment.
- Support firm-wide efforts to help maintain a highly engaged workforce.
- Contribute to and support development of programs designed to create strong commitment and participation in office events and activities.
- Serve as a role model to all employees, exemplifying Oliver Wyman Values.
- Create a fair and inclusive environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- Build credibility through encouraging open dialogue and maintaining confidentiality.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers regarding employment law, policy and/or employee issues.
- Ensure uniform and equitable application of policies and procedures.
- With guidance from HR Director and/or HC Ops, Employee Relations Team, perform and support employee investigations when required. Ensure enforcement of disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure termination matters are handled in a professional and empathetic manner.
HC Services and Operations
- Support processing of immigration requirements in partnership with Global Mobility.
- Develop and implement policies as required.
- Manage and execute employee, independent contractor, and temporary employee agreements.
Program and Policy Administration
- Provide guidance and answer questions on policy interpretation, ensure uniform and equitable application of policies and procedures.
- Administer Talent Management programs, such as leaves, rotations, and work schedules, generate and distribute appropriate documentation.
- Maintain time off tracking/reporting, and data for service awards.
- Enter Employee transactions and draft related documents for new hires, transfers, manager changes, pay changes, status/role changes and terminations. Ensure and request required approvals are obtained.
- Provide assistance to resolve payroll and benefit issues and answer general questions.
Pre-Hire, Orientation, Terminations
- Ensure new hires have first day logistics and details, including required paperwork, such as I9s and authorized work documentation.
- Organize and conduct Day 1 orientation (schedule presenters, order lunch, reserve meeting rooms).
- Coordinate with departments to address specific on boarding requirements
- Deliver presentations that meet high quality standards
- Process new hire paperwork
- Troubleshoot operational issues (such as travel, expense and IT)
- Conduct exit interviews for departing employees
- Provide guidance to employees relating to confidential matters
- Distribute employee communications as required
- Manage required documentation in accordance with legal and company requirements and ensures accuracy and completeness
- Other duties as assigned, including projects related to the business or the regional HC Services team
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of human resources experience required, preferably in a professional services environment
- HR Certification is a plus
Skills and Attributes:
- The ability to be productive, flexible and to simultaneously manage multiple project priorities in a complex, performance-driven environment
- Experience balancing ever-changing work demands in a challenging environment with numerous stakeholders to satisfy
- Proven experience in a role requiring a high degree of organizational skill, accuracy, access to confidential information and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the firm
- Proven coaching and conflict management skills
- Can work effectively autonomously and in a team environment
- Creative, strategic forward thinker, who continually seeks ways to improve the way things are done
- Results/solution oriented
- Mergers and acquisitions experience preferred
- Current knowledge of employment law and practices
- Maintains knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation, and conveys local, state, and federal laws where appropriate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite including, Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Oliver Wyman is committed to the principles for equal employment opportunity and complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
About Marsh McLennan
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company’s 83,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue of nearly $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit marshmclennan.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.