Dallas – Main
Houston – Dallas
Hoboken – River
Chicago – 155 Wacker
San Francisco – 201 California
Atlanta – Hartsfield
Miami – 1111 Brickell
Mercer’s Digital Solutions practice is seeking candidates for the following position that can be located anywhere in the US:
Workday Certified Engagement Manager
This position can be remote/virtual for highly qualified. Must be Workday Project Manager Certified (also known as Engagement Manager) regardless of location.
What can you expect?
- With Digital Solutions being part of Mercer you will get to experience the combination of our technical expertise and knowledge of HR best practices and Financials which creates better deployments and ongoing process improvement for our clients
- You will make a lasting impact on a fast-growing organization dedicated to excellence
- You’ll be joining a top Workday partner and will partner with Mercer’s team to deliver best in class Workday solutions
- You will have a top-notch team to support you, the best and brightest in the Workday ecosystem reside here at Mercer Digital!
What is in it for you?
As a part of Mercer, our Digital Solutions practice is bringing the expertise of the world’s largest HR consulting company to the digital space. We offer top-notch benefits:
- Culture of collaboration and valued partnership throughout business
- Competitive pay and benefits package: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous 401k match and contribution
- Eligible to participate in our tuition reimbursement and our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous vacation, time off and company holidays
We will count on you to:
- Responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution for Medium & Large Enterprise clients. Drive the client implementation and be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success.
- Also be responsible for managing to the agreed-to budget and delivering the project profitably.
- Become an expert in Workday’s Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements
- Manage the implementation of Medium (ME) or Large Enterprise (LE) projects
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite (or similar product) including HCM and Financials
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other resources working on the implementation
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or time frames
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed-to checkpoints
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices
- Be a liaison for Delivery when interacting with Sales and/or development
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation
- Assist in the transition of the customer from implementation to production support
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW
- Present client with change orders in the event they’re asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW
What you need to have:
- Workday Project Manager Certified
- 3+ years of Workday Project / Engagement Management experience within Medium Enterprise (ME) and/or Large Enterprise (LE) clients
- PMP certification is a plus
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a professional services organization (Workday implementation partner)
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Talent, Financial Management
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus
- Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience
- Ability to potentially travel up to 30% after Covid (we are all currently remote)
Who We Are:
Mercer’s Digital Solutions practice is a certified Workday implementation partner and the digital consulting arm of Mercer, the world’s largest HR consulting company. We specialize in business and cloud consulting and are dedicated to transforming our clients’ businesses. Mercer Digital leverages expertise in big data, cloud computing, and enterprise services and design to provide our customers with full-lifecycle solutions.
Our firm consists of specialists with deep expertise in Human Capital Management (HCM), Payroll, Finance, process improvement, historical data conversion, and cloud software integrations. We have offices in Dallas and Houston, Texas, with clients across the globe.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
This role is not eligible to be performed remotely from Colorado.