It’s a great time to join Marymount University! We are looking for faculty and staff who are passionate about providing excellent service to ensure a high quality student experience and collaborative working environment.
Coordinator of Military & Veterans Services and School Certifying Official
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management
Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
No. Direct Reports 0
Target Weekly Hours 40
2807 N Glebe (Main Campus)
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Coordinator of Military & Veterans Services and School Certifying Official is responsible for assisting with all phases of recruitment, retention and certification of all undergraduate and graduate military and veteran students.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsels and advises prospective military, and veteran students, applicants and family members about opportunities at Marymount University.
- Develops working knowledge of admissions & financial aid processes, academic programs and student life. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the undergraduate and graduate admission military services
- Position is the primary point of contact for all Veterans Affairs related topics. Serve as primary liaison with faculty and administration for departmental reporting needs.
- Review tuition assistance forms for accuracy and contact students as needed for corrections
- Serves as the primary School Certifying Official (SCO)
- Provide frontline customer service for prospective VA students via phone, email, walk-in bases;
- Serves as a key member of various teams within the Admissions Office and Enrollment Management division;
- Maintains accurate records regarding military and VA databases, and Slate.
- Assist in developing an effective VA student communication plan
- Participate in all aspects of the VA admission process including processing, reviewing, and evaluating all types of undergraduate and graduate applicant files
- Helps deliver regular enrollment data reports and fulfills ad-hoc data requests for military services.
- Serves as a liaison for the VA with campus and external partners.
- Evaluates applications and supporting materials to recommend admission decisions.
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
- Collaborate with the offices of the Registrar and Academic Advising.
- Regular maintenance of Veteran webpages.
- Working on the weekend and nights may be required during the height of the recruiting season.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
2 – 4 years of admissions experience working in a University setting.
Licenses or Certifications
Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Extensive experience with Veterans Affairs and familiarity with military culture. Thorough knowledge of state, federal, VA, and DOD regulations. Comfortable using products within Microsoft office. Familiarity with student information systems. Workday experience a plus.
Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Superior presentation skills.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Marymount provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.