We heard you knock!
We heard you knock!
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. In fact, it’s one of our Cultural Pillars.
We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hold the door open for each other and for new ideas. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers’ experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls. Join us!
Masonite’s Organizational Development Manager is a critical role leading a team dedicated to supporting the development of our employees, ensuring the embedment of our key talent management processes (performance management, talent review, career pathing) and systems (Workday), and implementation and analysis of organizational, team and individual assessments and feedback mechanisms, including our annual employee engagement survey.
- Designs and develops leadership development offerings for the organization that includes programs for new people leaders, leaders of leaders and executives. Programs are a mixture of in-house created programs and external offerings.
- Lead the embedment of our performance management process while increasing the organization’s capability in employee goal setting, providing coaching and feedback throughout the year, and in differentiating results.
- Support the talent review process and establish this deeper in the organization to the people leader level to ensure are improving the organization’s talent health, have robust succession plans and where employees have development plans aligned to their career aspirations and areas of development.
- Own the annual employee engagement survey (we use Gallup) deployment, reporting and analysis and action planning process
- Leads the usage and analysis of assessments for the purpose of employee selection and development; provide assessments and/or inventories to support team building and evaluation
- Support the organization through the deployment of consistent frameworks and tools for functional competencies, career pathing, high performing teams and change management
- Provide monthly reporting and data analysis aligned to our people scorecard
- Ensure our systems are appropriately designed (we use Workday, Moodle and Linkedin Learning) to support our performance and talent management processes. Provide tools, resources and support to employees when they have questions.
Skills / Abilities:
- Strong consultative skills including organizational diagnosis and the ability to provide pragmatic, just-in-time recommendations.
- Ability to apply theories and principles of organization development into practical, easy-to-implement solutions that closely align with business needs and organizational strategy.
- Solid decision-making skills, creativity and business acumen; must possess demonstrable strong problem-solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and group facilitation skills; excellent ability to communicate with peers and higher level management.
- Creative in developing learning content ensuring usage of adult learning theory
- Strong project management skills. Must have ability to initiate project plans and balance multiple changing deadlines and priorities.
- Action orientation and flexibility in a changing, fast-paced environment with multiple work demands.
- Solid influencing skills, particularly at senior levels.
- Strong customer service orientation; proven ability to build relationships and create positive customer interactions.
- Experience with performance management, talent management and learning systems / platforms implementations. Workday experience a strong plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or IO psychology. Graduate degree in Human Resources Development, Organization Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of organizational development and leadership development experience.
- Prior people leadership required.
- Experience designing and implementing effective leadership and development programs.