Springfield, MA or Boston, MA
We are hiring for either our Springfield, MA or Boston, MA office locations in a Hybrid setting where you will be onsite approx. 2 days per week. *
Here in our human resources organization at MassMutual, our mission is to create a workplace of choice where innovative, diverse and exceptional people thrive together. To help us to achieve this mission, we have a current opportunity for a Compensation Consultant in either our new Seaport Boston office or in our corporate home office in Springfield, MA. As a Compensation Consultant you will be a key member of our team as you develop, coordinate, and administer a variety of programs and activities covering multiple compensation related activities. You will be responsible for maintaining pay structures, conducting market pricing, completing market surveys, and analyzing compensation data. A Compensation Consultant needs to have strong analytical ability, judgment, and communication skills and will have experience in one or more areas of compensation.
Our Total Rewards team is comprised of a tight-knit group of collaborative professionals. The team’s strengths lie with their communication, thought partnership, and analytical skills with a strong focus on attention to detail. As a Compensation Consultant you will be an integral member of the team partnering with Compensation Consultants assigned to various business areas. Our team members enjoy a hybrid schedule, combining in person office time a couple days a week with the flexibility of being able to work from home as well. As a Compensation Consultant you will also work to build relationships with our other center of excellence teams across HR including our HR Consulting, HR Operations and HRIS teams.
As a Compensation Consultant you will help manage a variety of company-wide compensation activities in support of our enterprise compensation philosophy and total rewards strategy. You will have impact on the overall organization through, but not limited to the below responsibilities:
- Compensation governance, compliance and audits
- Oversee pay equity, SOX, FLSA, OFCCP and minimum wage audit processes
- Ensure alignment of comp grades and job profile tied to open role requisitions and employee / organization updates and changes
- Update and maintain accurate incentive targets for individuals, including removal of incorrectly tagged individual targets
- Salary survey administration and research including participating in 35+ surveys and uploading resulting data to market pricing system
- Be an expert in what surveys are available, what provides the most valuable data for MassMutual’s evolving roles, and how to most effectively interpret and use the data available
- Compensation planning administration including partnering with HRIS, compensation team, and people analytics on system-related process work, data testing and validation, and overall execution or annual cycle
- Identify and help address process improvements cycle-over-cycle
- Bi-weekly pay audits
- Complete review of outbound and in-process payments prior to pay running
- Workday and Payfactors system oversight
- Lead semi-annual and on-demand Workday system updates and improvements
- Partner with HRIS to size, scope, develop, test and implement Workday future enhancements
- Partner on compensation integrations
- Partner with others in the identification and implementation of process enhancements
- Compensation data and reporting including partnering with comp leads on data and reporting as needed
- Provide support for recognition program administration
- Research compensation trends and best practices to share with team, along with potential recommendations for consideration
- Special projects including providing subject matter expertise and guidance pertaining to compensation and survey information, job framework review and design, and total rewards statement redesign
The Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of compensation experience
The Ideal Qualifications
- Experience with HRIS systems, specifically Workday
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation (or progress towards designation) a plus
- Strong collaborative working style
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to identify, evaluate, interpret, and organize data
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated focus on client service and business acumen
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with the compensation team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LGBTQ, veteran and disability-focused business resource groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits
At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair equitable pay, by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component.
Why Join Us.
We’ve been around since 1851. During our history, we’ve learned a few things about making sure our customers are our top priority. In order to meet and exceed their expectations, we must have the best people providing the best thinking, products and services. To accomplish this, we celebrate an inclusive, vibrant and diverse culture that encourages growth, openness and opportunities for everyone. A career with MassMutual means you will be part of a strong, stable and ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits. And your voice will always be heard.
We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us and share the specifics of the assistance you need.
At MassMutual, we focus on ensuring fair, equitable pay by providing competitive salaries, along with incentive and bonus opportunities for all employees. Your total compensation package includes either a bonus target or in a sales-focused role a Variable Incentive Compensation component. For more information about our extensive benefits offerings please check out our Total Rewards at a Glance.