Walnut Creek, California
Mechanics Bank is currently hiring a Senior Compensation Analyst. The Compensation Analyst is an integral part of the Human Resources department. Under limited direction while exercising independent judgment and discretion, performs a variety of specialized functions regarding Compensation. Works on complex compensation projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Considered subject matter expert in all areas of employee Compensation and is able to answer questions from employees and deal directly with external support representatives. Supports the Compensation Manager in all areas of compensation administration and any other assigned HR related responsibilities. Evaluates department processes, makes recommendations and implements process improvements in the areas of compensation. Responsible for enterprise-wide compensation analytics across all divisions. May consult with bank leadership directly on compensation matters. Supports executive level compensation plans. Acts as Plan Administrator for bank 401k plan. Receives assignments with specific objectives. Researches possible solutions and makes recommendations for the most efficient and cost effective solution. Projects have bank wide and sensitive impact and must be handled with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality. This position requires the constant use of tact, discretion and good judgment. Independently structures, develops, and completes analyses and compensation plan modeling on the most complex projects. Prepares executive level presentations based on analytical findings. Exhibits high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive employee information.
What you will do:
- Integral part of the Total Compensation Team in administering day to day support to Talent Acquisition, Advisory teams and business teams. Completes compensation analysis for hires, promotions and all individual market adjustments. Provides recommendations for all compensation related actions.
- Develops and runs customized reports and data extracts and provides special project support as required. Prepare special studies and recommendations related to complex compensation or processes or expenses. Prepares various modeling for salary and variable/incentive pay plans. Supports executive compensation incentive plans.
- Plan Administrator for company 401k plan. Provides support for all processes, testing and plan maintenance. Provides support in annual audit process and conducts reports as needed.
- Develops and runs customized reports and data extracts and provides special project support as required. Prepare special studies and recommendations related to complex/high level compensation issues, processes or expenses. Prepares various modeling for salary and variable pay. Collaborates with Payroll and outside clients on projects as needed.
- Maintains the bank wide salary structure by reviewing job descriptions for new or revised jobs, evaluating job content, determining salary grades, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures in HRIS.
- Supports annual compensation review cycle which involves coordinating efforts and supporting the project team. Provided detailed analysis regarding merit processes and budget issues.
- As part of the Affirmative Action Plan and California Fair Pay Act, analyzes compensation annually to ensure equity without regard to gender, nationality, ethnicity or other protected status and makes recommendations for adjustments as needed. Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action
- Other responsibilities to include: . Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information. Maintains systems supporting human resources. May mentor, review, and critique workflow of lower level analysts to develop level of expertise.. Collaborates with all areas in Human Resources on special projects as needed.
Who you are:
- Must possess both a high degree of computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as a strong working knowledge of HRIS systems. Strong research, written and verbal communication skills are essential. Must be service oriented and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Must have effective time management and project management skills as well as possess the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Ability to use tact, discretion and good judgment at all times.
- Must possess excellent human relations skills and time/project management skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships and project teams.
- Interpret non-routine guidelines to various complex activities and challenge underlying assumptions when appropriate to improve methods and processes.
- Display resourcefulness, cooperation, commitment and dependability. Readily accept responsibility and show interest in and active involvement in producing new ideas.
- Strong Excel skills are essential. Computer proficiency with MS Word, Outlook and Internet required. Strong research, writing and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5 years of compensation or human resources analytic experience
- Proficiency with job evaluation methods (preferably Hay) & market pricing required. Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to compensation administration (i.e. FLSA, California Fair Pay Act, Dodd-Frank Act) required.
- Experience with WorkDay and PayFactors preferred.
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank’s California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit https://www.mechanicsbank.com/California-Consumer-Residents