Established over 30 years ago, Medcan is a global leader in assessing clients’ overall well-being and inspiring them to live well. Medcan has a comprehensive range of diagnostic assessments, which, in combination with innovative programs tailored to specific needs, are designed to successfully reach improved health outcomes.
Over 80 physicians and specialists, alongside a broad roster of complementary health care disciplines, provide health and lifestyle management services on site and by video consult for individuals, families and organizations. Our team of 700+ staff see clients virtually and physically from our downtown Toronto and Oakville clinics.
The Manager of Clinic and Corporate Applications will provide leadership for planning, implementation and maintenance of solutions including application support. This individual is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s Clinic and Corporate Application portfolio that also includes an application integration platform, and will collaborate directly with business stakeholders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions to support our business.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage application support and delivery while prioritizing team workload and capacity.
- Partner with the business to continuously improve, optimize and enhance processes and their use of applications.
- Continuously assess business needs and opportunities for improvements to leverage existing technology.
- Be a trusted advisor to business partners and IT colleagues on best practices and application of technology.
- Work closely with other IT management personnel in identifying, evaluating, selecting, and implementing information technologies that support corporate and IT strategies
- Provide and own inputs to financial and capital planning processes.
- Manage the enterprise application integration platform including governance, development practices, maintenance, and support.
- Manage the portfolio with a view towards simplification and optimization.
- Manage the application support and maintenance operations for the portfolio, along with other IT operational teams (Service Desk and Infrastructure Services).
- Ensure the continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of systems performance.
- Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on opportunities to leverage technology to effectively meet business goals.
- Develop and maintain an effective organizational structure that supports the needs of the business and optimizes the pool of talent.
- Review software acquisition and maintenance contracts and assist with establishing master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with applications within the portfolio and understand total cost of ownership for technology investment decisions.
- Assist with development of business cases and cost/benefit analyses for IT application spending and initiatives. This includes build vs buy, cloud vs on-prem, insource vs outsource.
- Direct the team in consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Assist in developing the strategy and roadmaps for Clinic and Corporate applications in alignment with the corporate objectives.
- Support and nurture staff. Build paths to develop and grow the team.
- Set and measure performance objectives and provide regular one-on-one feedback to all members of the team.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years managing people, including building and leading teams of high performing IT professionals.
- Some experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Experience managing external IT service providers and assessing the risk and cost implications of IT contracts and contract negotiations.
- Experience with onshore, nearshore, and offshore development and support processes.
- Experience in designing, building, transforming, and managing applications in the cloud and application modernization strategies.
- Sound knowledge of systems architecture, technical design principles, and software development and integration technology.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience within a Healthcare setting and some knowledge of Workday, MuleSoft and an EMR system such as Accuro is preferable.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Proven leadership ability; build a compelling vision.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both executives and staff.
- Strong negotiating skills (internally and externally).
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; decisive.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and focus resources.
- Keen attention to detail; balanced with holistic views.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
Medcan’s philosophy of Live Well, For Life applies not only to our clients, but also our valued staff members. We provide paid Wellness Days along with a variety of programs to help our employees manage their mental and physical well-being. We offer special employee rates on fitness sessions, in-house specialty services, and a complimentary membership to our clinic to name a few.
This position comes with an attractive total compensation package including a competitive base salary, a comprehensive benefits plan, RRSP matching, bonus eligibility, and a genuine opportunity to grow supported by our Education Reimbursement program. We offer hybrid/flexible work arrangements to help Medcanners balance their work and personal or family needs
We also have employee perks to continue to help our staff Live Well, For Life. This includes complimentary group fitness sessions as well as an on-site healthy lunch program provided by our own food and catering brand, Nourish. We also provide interactive webinars hosted by our in-house experts focused on Eat, Move, Think. Our enhanced benefits package is just one of the reasons why we continue to be one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. No phone calls and no agencies please.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility:
Medcan is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity, diversity, and inclusion. We continuously work to provide a fair opportunity for all staff to participate and succeed at work, creating a sense of belonging, respect and a place that values the unique perspectives and lived experiences of each member of our team. We recognize the value of diversity in attributes such as age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation and attractionality, ethnicity, race, colour, nationality, family and marital status, ability, religion and belief, freedom of thought, and any other characteristic that makes you unique. If these principles resonate with you, we encourage you to apply!
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise your Talent Acquisition Specialist if you require accommodation.