City of Dreams Manila
REQ6042 Vice President, Finance (Open Date: 17/11/2021)
The Vice President, Finance oversees the finance shared services function, providing transaction services and base accounting services to the home and sister properties. The shared services function includes the properties’ general accounting, tax, financial reporting, daily audit, and regulatory compliance functions. In addition, he / she also maintains day-to-day oversight of the local financial planning and analysis and cage, count and credit teams both of which are part of global functions.
He / she reports directly to the EVP and Group CFO of Melco Resorts and Entertainment in order to maintain independence for these sensitive financial functions.
Another important aspect to this role is that he / she also serves as the business partner to the property’s operational leadership, including the Property President of COD Manila. He / she will be a key member of the senior management team for the property on a day-to-day basis.
He / she will need to have the capability to oversee the financial aspects of the operation and to have the capabilities to expand with future growth plans.
1. Oversee the shared services function to provide transaction and base level services in accounts payable, payroll, and account reconciliations. All services to be provided timely, accurately and with a high focus on customer service. Additional services may be added over time.
2. Accountable for directing the company’s financial organization, including internal controls, financial planning and budgeting, internal reporting and external reporting,
as needed. There is strong functional support with the corporate offices for
external reporting and tax.
3. Manages all financial controls and accounting processes within the property.
4. Acts as a business partner and advisor to the Property President that leads and drives the business growth and supports the revenue and profit growth to achieve or exceed the Company’s objectives. Supports the near-term and long-term strategic vision of the company.
5. Executive management of financial operations, including working capital, capital expenditures, cash management, taxes, budget, and general accounting. This individual is officially the Treasurer, but many of the decisions for capital allocation are handled through the Group Treasurer and Group CFO.
6. Manage the day-to-day cash flows at the property and ensure protection of cash and other assets.
7. Prepare financial rolling forecasts and analysis, financial statements and local tax and statutory reports and filings.
8. Provide analysis of budgets, financial reports and work closely with the Marketing and Operations teams, providing analysis to assist the Property President and other senior executives to drive performance.
9. Evaluate and advise on the impact of strategic planning, the introduction of new programs and opportunities, on regulatory actions, and governmental policies that can impact the business.
10. Represent the Company in dealings with the local Tax Authority and Government officials.
11. Recommend and/or execute management policies to hire, transfer, suspend, layoff, recall, discharge, re-assign or discipline employees.
12. Provide strong leadership to team and property personnel, balancing the need to drive performance and high regulatory compliance with customer service and inspired personnel engagement.
13. Perform ad hoc functions as may be required.
1. Minimum of 10 years of diversified business experience in shared services and accounting, business/financial planning, financial analysis, internal/external audit, gained ideally in gaming, entertainment and hospitality industries.
2. Proven senior financial and operational management experience in a growing service-oriented organization.
3. Broad business knowledge and skills beyond the financial function and a highly regarded business partner.
1. Must have 4-year degree in business, accounting or related field (MBA and Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar designation preferred);
2. Recognized professional qualifications or second degree in Finance and Accounting
III. Skills / Competencies
1. Fully competent Functional Leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
2. Commercial mind-set with strong business acumen.
3. A true finance leader who is skilled at driving value on the balance sheet.
4. Excellent communicator and relationship builder with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company locally, corporate wide, and with external parties.
5. Possess the organizational awareness and understanding of how to be impartial while operating in a joint-venture context.
6. Strong acumen for commercial aspect of business to be able to be business partner to the Property President in driving business results, both top and bottom line.
7. Strong customer service attitude with ability to deliver consistency, accuracy, and timeliness in a helpful manner across disciplines.
8. Experience working with people from other cultures and across time zones is a plus.
9. Experience with WorkDay, BirchStreet and RAMCO systems is a plus.
IV. Other Attributes
1. A passionate and committed leader focused on the success of the business and constantly looking for opportunities to improve the financial position and processes of the Company.
2. Exudes personal presence that is commensurate with being a senior corporate representative of the company.
3. Impeccable integrity and personal character who is fast on his/her feet, articulate, and is not afraid to “roll-up his/her sleeves”.
4. Hands-on style with focus on details. Inspiring manager of people who works to deliver excellence across all areas of the business.