New York- NY 225 Liberty
Senior Technical Analyst – Workday
I. Job Summary | Major goals and objectives.
The Senior Technical Analyst – Workday will lead a team of business analysts and technology professionals who oversee the day-to-day activities of Meredith’s HR Information Systems, primarily Workday. The position will collaborate with teams across the organization to assess needs of the Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, and Finance teams and collaborate with application owners of ancillary systems (internal and external) to establish integration strategies. This role will work with Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, and Finance personnel to identify new opportunities to enhance functionality or achieve greater process efficiencies.
It is imperative that this person possess strong communication skills, recognizing their audience and adjusting the message accordingly. The Senior Technical Analyst will serve as the communication hub for requests coming from Meredith’s Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, and Finance organization which will require a level of comfort and ability to communicate effectively with front-line personnel and corporate executives to capture business requirements. It is equally important that these business requirements be relayed to the technical teams for implementation and delivery.
The Senior Technical Analyst – Workday will lead the following efforts by oversight, participation, or guidance:
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Configure HRIS (Workday) system according to the business and technical requirements
- Create and Manage integrations utilizing such required data software tools including: Cloud Connect, Workday Studio, EIB Templates, Informatica, XML, or Web Service Calls.
- Manage Workday upgrade process
- Understand the features, functionality, and applications changes included in each Workday upgrade
- Create and execute a testing plan to test the upgrades in Meredith’s environment
- Create and execute a testing plan to test the new functionality included in the upgrade
- Work with Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll to determine which new functionality is needed in Meredith’s environment
- Document and communicate issues found in testing and manage the process for remediating the issues
- Identify, create and support various reporting need of the groups utilizing Workday tools, Microstrategy, or other business intelligence applications.
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, and escalation management.
- Work with application owners to create and deliver system training
II. Essential Job Functions
Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
Planning and Budgeting
- Manage project scope
- Solution architecture
- Adept at project planning
- Status reporting
- Manage project resources
- Establish and operate within project budget
Project Execution and Problem Solving
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to adapt to changes in scope
- Ability to motivate and lead a team consisting of resources at all levels within Meredith
- Possess strong presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Coach and mentor direct reports
- Ability to manage direct reports that reside at remote Meredith locations
- Oversees Performance Management process for direct reports
- Skilled at process development
- Work with stakeholders to gather business requirements
- Translates business requirements into design and technical specs
- Coordinates change requests, leverage other business technology and IT resources when necessary
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
BS/BA in Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent
5+ years of experience supporting finance & accounting technology platforms or equivalent
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of HR, Benefits, and Payroll with emphasis on technical implementations
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems, Workday
- Organizational change management
- Must be able to express complex concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be highly motivated, self-directed and able to handle multiple tasks / projects simultaneously
- Substantial involvement in complex business requirements and extensive experience in direct internal customer contact
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
% Travel Required (Approximate):
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation (“Dotdash Meredith”, “the Company”) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing [email protected].
The Company requires employees entering its workplaces or performing work offsite to verify and provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. This is a condition of employment unless an applicant is eligible, under applicable law, for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise required under applicable law.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees