Grand Rapids, MI
Meritage Hospitality Group, the nation’s largest Wendy’s franchisee and developer of new brands like Stan’s Tacos and Morning Belle, is seeking a full-time HR Support Specialist to join our HR Process team in Grand Rapids, MI. As an HR Support Specialist, you will help our managers and employees with questions they have about completing tasks and processes in our Workday HRIS. Your position is essential to ensure our organization’s compliance with key HR policies and regulations, particularly with employee onboarding tasks. You ensure the accuracy of the data in our HRIS through your support to the organization. You will also have the opportunity to provide planned HRIS training and identify HRIS improvements to escalate to our HRIS Analyst team.
As a top candidate for this position, you have experience managing workflows and processes with some kind of organizational system like an HRIS or ERP. You have also worked in a highly process-oriented position and have a strong attention to detail. You find satisfaction from helping people solve issues, even if the issues are common or something you consider easy to understand. Your comfort with technology and your people skills make you highly adept at helping others navigate systems and processes.
Responsibilities of the HR Support Specialist include:
- Provides guidance on HRIS navigation and assists managers and employees with HRIS business process completion; frontline HRIS support via phone and email from managers and employees
- Identifies critical issues preventing managers and employees from submitting changes using the HRIS and informs the analysts of the issues for resolution
- Supports HRIS Analysts by creating and running EIBs to update employee data, relaunching system integrations as needed, and completing user role assignments
- Ensures proper compliance with onboarding completion and validates employee and organization data through weekly HRIS audits
- Provides HRIS training to new managers including using virtual or in-person methods and supplying tools and job aides for reinforcement of training and as a resource when needed
- Completes reporting to include EEOC-1, WOTC, onboarding compliance, and operations’ requests using standard and custom HRIS reports
- Completes background check adjudication, pre-adverse/adverse process, account setup for new RSC employees, and processes vendor invoices
- Ensures compliance with I-9s, E-Verify, TNC follow-up, and employment law poster compliance
- Responds to external agency audits and subpoenas when requested by the internal Legal, Risk, or HR-OD departments
- Provides support for creating and maintaining HRP documents and information published on the Intranet
- Assists with other HRP related activity including preparation and HRIS setup for acquisitions and new restaurant builds
- Performs other duties as required
Qualified candidates meet the following criteria:
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Experience in a process-oriented position
- Experience managing processes and workflows within an HRIS or ERP
- High degree of precision and accuracy
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Bilingual a big plus
As a member of Meritage, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base pay and bonus plans
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and HSA options
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401k with company match
- Meal discounts at all Meritage affiliated restaurants
- Plus various additional perks and benefits
- Located in the Restaurant Service Center in Downtown Grand Rapids, MI
- In office work or 50/50 remote option
- Full time, hourly, non-exempt
- Reports to the Senior HR Process Manager
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an HR Support Specialist, working in an organization that is growing and values its people, and feel this position matches your skills and experience, apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Inclusion is at the heart of our business.
Official applications for employment must be submitted via MeritageCareers.com.