Current MES Employees who are interested in applying for this position must visit the Internal MES Careers Page by going to their Workday Dashboard, clicking on the Career icon and selecting Find Jobs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading team that provides environmental solutions to the public and private sectors throughout the State of Maryland.
Maryland Environmental Service has an opening for a Chief of Information Technology (IT) to oversee the IT Department at our Headquarters facility in Millersville, MD. Main responsibilities include providing technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the agency’s IT program.
Estimated Pay Range:
$103,303.97 – $142,042.59
- Health Insurance with choice of medical plan and prescription, dental, vision, and life and disability insurance options, along with flexible spending accounts
- 401K retirement savings program with generous agency match
- Paid vacation, personal and sick leave
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Tuition assistance
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from four-year college or university, plus 10 years related experience, 5 years of which included supervisory responsibility. Must have a valid driver’s license with less than 5 points. Workday experience is strongly preferred. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management
- Business process analysis and redesign
- Design management, and operation of managed IT systems
Proven skills in:
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Planning and organizing
- Management and leadership
This position will be open until filled.
Maryland Environmental Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. MES does not participate in programs that require sponsorship for work visas.