Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
As an Accountant, you will be a part of the Accounting team that is responsible for preparing financial statements and regulatory filings and well as providing analytical information to Finance leaders to aid in their financial decision-making processes.
This is accomplished by:
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of journal entries and post journal entries to the general ledger.
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliation of designated general ledger accounts. Analyze and research variances; provide logical/concise explanations for variances and/or fluctuations in a timely manner.
- Prepare and/or analyze financial statement(s).
- Be able to apply accounting principles and to learn and become an expert in statutory insurance accounting principles.
- Ensure accurate accounting and accounting control procedures are maintained.
- Obtain a strong understanding of the Workday general ledger system. Identify and communicate any potential system efficiencies. Provide assistance as needed on any enhancements or upgrades to the systems.
Do you have what it takes?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA Designation preferred.
- Experience: More than 2 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls
(Levels can be adjusted based on experience)
You might be a good fit if you like to:
- Learn new technologies
- Self-starter and team player.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
What you can learn on the job:
- Mortgage Industry Experience
- Workday Financials
- Statutory Accounting Principles (Insurance Accounting)
What does success look like?
- First 30 days: Understanding of the basics of mortgage insurance and how Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) differ from GAAP.
- First 6 months: Fully understand STAT and compile quarterly filings for our insurance subsidiaries. Understanding of SOX controls.
- First year: Becoming a Subject Matter Expert in your assigned job duties
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.