Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
As the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will be leading the development and implementation of the planning and analysis function to support the organization’s strategic and operational priorities. This position, reporting to the EVP Chief Financial Officer, will partner with the Planning Management Office (PMO) in developing the strategic, financial, and operating plans required to achieve the organization’s operational priorities.
This position is based in Milwaukee, WI. Hybrid environment (3 days in the office, and 2 days remote).
- Partner with the PMO and business leaders to lead the financial strategy, planning and analysis processes, including the creation of financial models and preparing materials for the Board and Senior Leadership team.
- Develops and manages relationships between departments across the organization.
- Work with the CFO and Finance leadership team to establish strong operating mechanisms including forecasting, trending analysis and reporting variances for key business drivers and key performance indicators and metrics.
- Partner with the business and Finance leadership to analyze financial results and provide recommendations to meet strategic, financial, and operational goals.
- Analyzes business processes and issues. Manages policies, procedures, and standards to enhance efficiency and work quality.
- Manages, leads, and supports others through the process of change both within the team and throughout the organization to achieve results related to MGIC’s corporate strategy.
- Prepare and provide analyses and information for reporting and presentations for senior leadership.
- Develop and drive continuous improvement in financial models, processes, and reporting.
- Develop a team of co-workers that support the financial planning and analysis process throughout the company.
- Develops solutions to problems with consideration for department and company goals and direction.
Do you have what it takes?
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial planning, reporting and analysis, preferably in a leadership position
- Broad knowledge of financial, accounting and business principles
- Experience developing forecasts and operating plans
- Strong executive presence, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Proven leadership and influencing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, and a self-starter
- Comfort with ambiguity and creative problem-solving
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual
- Knowledge and experience in Workday and Adaptive Planning preferred
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.