Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
*This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment. MGIC is looking for a curious and customer-focused HRIS Analyst – Workday to join our team. You will be joining a business and a Human Resources Team that is transforming itself for the future. This is an exciting time at MGIC! You will be leading the data management, data investigation, predictive modelling, data visualization and reporting within the Human Resources function. You will work very closely with the HR Business Partners and our coworkers acting as a Workday Reporting subject matter expert providing knowledge and experience regarding Workday best practices and automation. This will be accomplished by:
- Supports initiatives on the HR Operations roadmap, including maintaining relationships with key business partners across HR and company
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends
- Facilitate the deployment of workforce analytics methodologies used to drive key business decisions
- Be accountable to lead analytics modelling projects and initiatives
- Design and build dashboards and visualizations based on personas
- Develop, maintain, and educate other coworkers on best practices for applying analytical tools
- Create and maintain functional HRIS documentation and documentation used for end user adoption and training
- Stays knowledgeable and current on strategic analytical tools, techniques, strategies and practices
- Other duties as assigned, per the needs of the business
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience with Workday Reporting, BIRT, People Analytics.
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail, organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group, working collaboratively with others.
- Excellent technology skills; ability to understand, interpret data using spreadsheets and other relevant tools.
- Ability to review and resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
You might be a good fit if you like to:
- Be curious and look deeper than the opportunity at hand
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Having a beginner’s mindset
- Partner with others to create win-win solutions
- Multitask and maintain order, while managing changing priorities
- Keep a “can-do” temperament and exude confidence
- Be a self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Interact with a wide range of personalities and have strong people skills
- Be trustworthy, honest and reliable
What you can learn on the job:
- Mortgage Insurance Industry
- Other aspects of the HR function
What does success look like?
- First 30 days:
- Learn about the current Workday ecosystem
- Understand the daily/weekly tasks associated with this role
- First 6 months:
- Learn how the HRIS analyst – reporting role fits within the HR function and who the key stakeholders are of the work
- Gain familiarity with all functions of the MGIC organization
- Contribute ideas on how Workday can be used while meeting the needs of stakeholders
- First year:
- Ownership of all HR reporting, dashboards
- Strong relationships forming with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
All employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to provide proof of weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at the workplace, subject to medical or religious exemptions. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.