Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact?
*This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment. MGIC is looking for a curious and customer-focused HRIS Analyst – Workday to join our team. You will be joining a business and a Human Resources Team that is transforming itself for the future. This is an exciting time at MGIC! You will be leading the Workday HCM administration support within the Human Resources function including proactive process enhancements, new development and functionality. You will work very closely with the HR Business Partners and our coworkers acting as a Workday subject matter expert providing knowledge and experience regarding configuration and maintenance. This will be accomplished by:
- Manage HRIS projects, including implementation of new functionality as needed
- Supports initiatives on the HR Operations roadmap, including maintaining relationships with key business partners across HR and company, acting as the subject matter expert for our HR systems
- Proactively shares Workday functionality and release developments and issues with members of the HR team
- Responsible for the maintenance of all HCM system rules, configurations, and business process; performing regular system updates and additional system admin tasks
- Research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results, or process flaws; perform scheduled activities; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirement needs
- Subject matter expert for Workday
- Create and maintain functional HRIS documentation and documentation used for end user adoption and training
- Act as Workday SME for HR initiatives and programs such as performance management, open enrollment, learning efforts
- Stays knowledgeable and current with all HR Workday functional applications
- Other duties as assigned, per the needs of the business
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience with Workday Payroll, Core HCM, Advanced Compensation, and/or Talent and Performance
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail, organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated critical and analytical thinking
- Ability to work independently or as part of a group, working collaboratively with others
- Excellent technology skills; ability to understand, interpret data using spreadsheets and other relevant tools. This includes the ability to understand the impact of changes to data across multiple systems.
- Ability to review and resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
You might be a good fit if you like to:
- Be curious and look deeper than the opportunity at hand
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Having a beginner’s mindset
- Partner with others to create win-win solutions
- Multitask and maintain order, while managing changing priorities
- Keep a “can-do” temperament and exude confidence
- Be a self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Interact with a wide range of personalities and have strong people skills
- Be trustworthy, honest and reliable
What you can learn on the job:
- Mortgage Insurance Industry
- Other aspects of the HR function
What does success look like?
- First 30 days:
- Learn about the current Workday ecosystem – business processes and configurations
- Understand the daily/weekly tasks associated with this role
- First 6 months:
- Learn how the HRIS analyst role fits within the HR function and who the key stakeholders are of the work
- Gain familiarity with all functions of the MGIC organization
- Contribute ideas on how Workday can be used while meeting the needs of stakeholders
- First year:
- Ownership of all configuration and business process in the Workday system
- Strong relationships forming with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
All employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to provide proof of weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at the workplace, subject to medical or religious exemptions. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
• Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
• Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
• On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
• Paid-time off and paid company holidays
• Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.