Irving-Irving Corporate Office-3939 West John Carpenter Freeway
Support Center – Irving
Under the direction of the Division HR Director, the HR Specialist – Field will be responsible for providing a wide range of human resources support. This role will work closely with the HR Director and HR Business Partner to support the Division with general HR administration, company processes, and will also support processes to ensure to compliance to applicable regulations.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Human Resources Specialist to join us remotely reporting into our Global Headquarters in Irving, TX. The ideal candidate will live in market, these locations would include Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, or adjacent states.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Field Human Resources Business Partner, the Field Human Resources Specialist plays a critical role in the operations of our Field Human Resources Team. This role plays a key responsibility in implementing HR policies and programs that align with our business objectives. The Field Human Resources Specialist will be assigned to a geographical area and responsible for overseeing all HR functions within assigned area, ensuring compliance with labor regulations, fostering a positive work culture, and supporting the development and growth of our Team Members in Stores.
How will you do it?
40% of Time- Ensure compliance is fully executed in stores.
- Monitor and address I9 escalations and resolutions. Follow up to ensure process is completed accurately and timely.
- Complete all Workday exception reporting and troubleshooting; reviewing data accuracy, staffing, performance management processes.
40% of Time- Support Human Resources processes and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Establishes working relationships with internal department leaders and peers to drive a culture of collaboration.
- Key Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager job changes and monitor/maintain Store Manager supervisory org assignments in Workday.
- Track and communicate required plans for coverage and training manager programs.
- Maintain divisional organization charts, mentor and development program trackers.
- Facilitate Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager exit and stay interviews, analyze responses and report insights to HR Business Partner.
- Monitor and follow-up on Return to Work and leave request.
- Respond and support unemployment claims for SM and DMs.
- Coordinate Vocational Worker Agreements with stores and ensure COI is on file.
- Perform Attendance Audits in 10 stores per month to ensure compliance to policy.
20% of Time– Other assigned responsibilities.
- Assist supporting high turnover stores initiatives as assigned.
- Participate in assigned labor relations rapid response needs.
- Other assigned tasks as required and directed by business.
- Travel as directed independently and with District Managers.
What Skills you will need to do your job?
Minimum Qualifications: The critical knowledge and skills/education and experience that an applicant must have to perform the core responsibilities as indicated in the job duties/responsibilities. These qualifications are based on the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and relate to what the team member needs to do in the job.
Required and Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Human Resources certification or other specialized training.
- Understanding and experience using Workday systems preferred
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 2 years of related experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize in a fast paced, dynamic environment while maintaining strong attention to detail.
Preferred Qualifications: These qualifications include additional job-related education, experience, skills, competencies, and credentials desired by the hiring department. These are not essential to the job but enhance a candidate’s ability to perform the job. Applicants who possess these preferred qualifications would be considered top candidates for the position. Should be specific enough to narrow down the applicant pool to the most potentially successful candidates but not so restrictive as to limit the consideration of applicants from under-represented groups and applicants with non-traditional career paths.
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
For 50 years, Michaels has been the best place for all things creative. We strive to inspire our customers, cultivate confident leaders, and serve our communities by fostering an inclusive environment for everyone to learn, shop, and create. At Michaels, everyone has a seat at our craft table and every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is committed to delivering on our purpose to fuel the joy of creativity. As the leading creative destination in North America, we operate over 1,290 stores in 49 states and Canada and online at Michaels.com and Michaels.ca. The Michaels Companies, Inc. also owns Artistree, a manufacturer of custom and specialty framing merchandise, and MakerPlace by Michaels, a dedicated handmade goods marketplace.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).