Irving-Irving Corporate Office-3939 West John Carpenter Freeway
Support Center – Irving
We’re here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Under the direction of the Director – Compensation responsible for analyzing, maintaining and processing compensation program elements in support of company initiatives and organizational needs. The analyst is accountable for competitive analysis, program scenario modeling, monitoring of business unit compensation, program administration and support of properly communicated compensation programs.
- Consults with business partners on basic to moderately complex compensation issues using knowledge of compensation, human resources, and internal policies.
- Responsible for the maintenance of compensation and compensation-related data in the Workday system, and other internal systems of record, including job profiles, salary structures, incentive plans, reporting and validation.
- Support bonus plan calculations and communication efforts.
- Support the administration of annual pay programs, including project managing year-end merit process.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure data accuracy, system readiness and communication efforts.
Perform Research and Analysis
- Conduct job analysis, evaluation, salary administration and FLSA assessments to determine appropriate salary grades, ranges, and pricing based on internal and external equity.
- Participates in the annual salary structure review process to ensure salary structures remain competitive and aligned to market.
- Complete survey submissions for annual and ad hoc salary surveys and utilizes results for salary planning, salary structures and job evaluations.
Conduct special compensation studies and projects as required
- Conduct analysis, research and development of modifications to Compensation programs as needed to support organizational needs.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Advanced Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Lookups, Complex Formulas
- 4 or more years compensation analysis experience and understanding of compensation philosophies.
- 4 or more years experience in HR, with working knowledge of a wide range of HR practices
- A high degree of accuracy, confidentiality and timeliness is required for the completion of assigned projects.
- Ideal candidate is an analytical-minded self-starter who is eager to dive right in and make an immediate impact on the Global Total Rewards and Compensation team.
- Demonstrated experience with year-end Rewards processes and executing on annual merit, bonus, and other planning cycles.
Preferred Experience and Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Workday experience (HCM, Core Compensation and Advance Compensation Modules)
- Experience building financial models for cost benefit analysis of compensation
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.