Irving-Irving Corporate Office-3939 West John Carpenter Freeway
Support Center – Irving
The Senior HRIS Workday Analyst will report to the Director HRIS and will partner with the broader HR team, IT and Payroll and their customers to analyze work process design and flow, identify process improvements, implement best practices and support projects initiatives. The Senior HRIS Analyst builds project plans, ensures adherence to project schedules, maintains a systems orientation and can work effectively with peers to set technology priorities and conduct long-term planning and solutions. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for the assigned functional area and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, reporting data analytics/trends, and analyzing data.
- Workday Release Management SME, Operational Efficiencies, System Configuration changes, conditional rules, and validations.
- Serve as a technical point-of-contact and subject matter expert ensuring operational effectiveness, data integrity, testing of system changes, and analyzing business process flows for system effectiveness.
- Perform functional testing of the system as modifications are made before introduction to the production environment.
- Active role in fostering a culture of continuous improvement that delivers scalable and repeatable business processes to support the business.
- Proven Project management or Project Leading experience on Workday HCM system implementations, improvements, and ongoing support.
- Partner with multiple business units to provide project leadership, application and function-specific subject matter expertise, and technical insight and impact assessments as they relate to current and future operations.
- Will have ownership for defining technology-related issues, act as a key point of contact for ongoing initiatives, and to provide seamless service to the business community.
- Document business requirements for enhancement/change requests
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and escalation management. Monitors reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identify potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements.
- Demonstrate proactive personal commitment and group leadership to the adoption of new processes and working practices.
- Consults with users in diagnosing and resolving problems; performs root cause analysis, identifies, and executes solutions and escalates issues when necessary.
- Maintain data integrity of the HR system by regularly analyzing data, audit controls and producing reports.
- Understands and uses qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles to deliver accurate and concise data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Information Systems, Human Resources, or other related field or equivalent
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Workday Core HCM experience is required, Benefits and Absence Modules also strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills. Intermediate proficiency in MS Word
- Ability to create complex ad-hoc reports in Workday.
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 5+ years of HRIS system analysis experience is required
- 3+ years of Workday experience is required including business processes, integrations, and HCM transactions
- Requires strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret business requirements to technical solutions and business process mapping
- Demonstrated skill in generating HRIS reports, including collecting and analyzing data, evaluating HR Information, and drawing logical conclusions
- Ability to communicate with both technical and business audiences, identifying and articulating user issues/resolutions
- Must come from a fast paced, high-volume environment with the ability to handle a busy workload, flexibility with working hours based upon projects, and established deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, with speed and accuracy
- Workday Core HCM Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Human Resources, or other related field or equivalent work experience
Preferred Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Experience/ Knowledge of other ERP reporting tools
- Experience on at least one full life cycle Workday HCM implementation preferred
- Intermediate to Advanced Word, PowerPoint, MS Access
Preferred Type of Experience the Job Requires
- Former roles in one or more human resource functional areas or IT
- Experience in customer service help desk/contact center role would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities; strong data analysis acumen and focus on accuracy and attention to detail.fast-paced
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
For 50 years, Michaels has been the best place for all things creative. We strive to inspire our customers, cultivate confident leaders, and serve our communities by fostering an inclusive environment for everyone to learn, shop, and create. At Michaels, everyone has a seat at our craft table and every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is committed to delivering on our purpose to fuel the joy of creativity. As the leading creative destination in North America, we operate over 1,290 stores in 49 states and Canada and online at Michaels.com and Michaels.ca. The Michaels Companies, Inc. also owns Artistree, a manufacturer of custom and specialty framing merchandise, and MakerPlace by Michaels, a dedicated handmade goods marketplace.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).