Irving-Irving Corporate Office-3939 West John Carpenter Freeway
Support Center – Irving
The Sr. Instructional Designer develops and executes training programs for the Michaels Companies, – including Retail Store Operations, Distribution, Manufacturing and Corporate Support Center. This position partners with the Training Team and Business Partners to identify training needs, research content, design and develop training and program evaluation/success metrics.
- Own training content by working with subject matter experts, end-users, management and other resources to identify key training deliverables.
- Determine appropriate training methodology based on program content, available time and resources, and trainee needs.
- Gain approval for materials design from business partners and supervisor prior to development.
- Create trainer materials that may include trainers companions and facilitators guides.
- Create trainee materials that may include videos, digital courses, skill builders, workbooks, job aids, and ready references.
- Manage timelines and milestones
- Execute training with business partners.
- Test program in realistic setting before implementation to ensure program achieves objectives.
- Monitor and measure use of training through appropriate feedback tools.
- Follow up with trainees and managers to gauge transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Deliver and maintain learning content in Workday Learning.
- Crosstrain on Workday Learning Administration as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, Excel
Minimum Type of Experience the Job Requires
- 5+ years instructional design experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and skills
- Demonstrates behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Preferred Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Experience using Articulate, Vyond
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.
For 50 years, Michaels has been the best place for all things creative. We strive to inspire our customers, cultivate confident leaders, and serve our communities by fostering an inclusive environment for everyone to learn, shop, and create. At Michaels, everyone has a seat at our craft table and every Team Member is encouraged to hone their craft with opportunities for personal and professional growth. From our Stores and Distribution Centers to Artistree and our Support Center, our best-in-class team is committed to delivering on our purpose to fuel the joy of creativity. As the leading creative destination in North America, we operate over 1,290 stores in 49 states and Canada and online at Michaels.com and Michaels.ca. The Michaels Companies, Inc. also owns Artistree, a manufacturer of custom and specialty framing merchandise, and MakerPlace by Michaels, a dedicated handmade goods marketplace.
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
Michaels is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. In keeping with this commitment, Michaels will assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if a reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the job, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Customer Care at 1-800-642-4235 (1800-MICHAEL).