We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to run the daily payroll and HRIS operations to support 4,000 employees for MileOne Autogroup. This person will need to be the subject matter expert on all payroll processing matters and HRIS functions using Workday. They will be joining a high volume, multi-state Payroll and HR team, supporting a Mid- Atlantic retail organization, located in Baltimore MD (onsite). This person will report to the Director of HR and ensure all projects and tasks are completed by the team in a timely and accurate manner.
The Payroll Manager will lead a team to execute payroll transactions across multiple regions and assist in accurate and timely processing of the full range of payroll services. Qualified candidates must have proven a high attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability coach and mentor others. They will be required to perform a variety of reporting, auditing and administrative activities and understand complicated salary administration plans within Workday HRIS.
- Manage end to end biweekly and monthly payroll processing in Workday system
- Manage workflow and oversee daily tasks and train and support payroll specialists
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State wage and hour laws
- Function as a strategic partner and contribute process improvements for all key system implementations/upgrades enhancement of process flow for all payroll processes to ensure the most streamlined and efficient payroll management
- Lead monthly, quarterly and year-end activities and payroll reconciliation
- Audit and administration of payroll and HR functions; PTO, compensation, garnishments, benefits, ensuring all information is processed accurately and timely
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information, which may include General Ledger (GL) discrepancies and salary administration issues
- Maintain a clear and consistent system of organization, both individually and when working in a shared environment; completes daily and long-term tasks through effective prioritization and time management
- Create complex monthly reports using the Workday and Excel to provide payroll data to auditors, vendors, and other support functions
- Work with HR and HRIS team members to execute tasks related serving the workforce
- Provide customer service and problem resolution to employees, in a friendly and professional manner
- 3+ years retail payroll experience in mid-to-large, multi-US-state company
- Strong knowledge of statutory regulations
- Accounting and or salary administration experience is preferred
- Workday system or related workforce management system experience required
- Customer focused
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; ability to perform pivots, V-lookups and other functions within Excel is required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- CPP preferred
We believe that taking care of employees is an important step in creating a positive workplace and a successful company. With that in mind, MileOne is proud to offer programs designed to help our employees and their families’ succeed both at home and at work. We call it the MileOne Employee Advantage! In addition to traditional healthcare, training, career advancement and financial benefits, we also include an Employee Purchase Program, the Next Mile scholarship program for employees and family members, an Employee Assistance Program and more.
MileOne Autogroup is dedicated to actively helping our communities, we have raised millions through local and national charities. For more information, visit our website MileOneJobs.com and click “Why MileOne”.
MileOne Autogroup is an equal opportunity employer and we maintain a drug free work environment.
By applying for this job, you agree to receive email communication, as well as telephone and/or SMS text communications using an autodialer or otherwise, at the number you have provided. Message and data rates may apply; text STOP to opt out after receiving text communications.
CC_952 Atlantic Holding HR
MileOne Corporate Office
Sponsored-External and Internal