New York, NY – 399 Park Avenue
We are in search of a Payroll Manager that will work in a team environment that supports the production of payroll for over 2,000 employees. Key areas include managing all aspects of the execution of Millennium’s US Shadow Payrolls for our expatriate population in our Europe and Asia regions as well as Puerto Rico. The Payroll Manager will also be responsible for the production of our Canada and Puerto Rico payrolls along with supporting the US domestic payroll. The Payroll Manager will identify and lead special projects focused on efficiency, controls and compliance in addition to Deferred Compensation global payment sourcing, internal and external payroll audits, and supporting partner department requests.
- Manage the periodic production of shadow payrolls. Coordinate with regional payroll teams in the collection of monthly compensation and taxable fringe benefit data along with taxation calculations and entry into payroll.
- Coordinate with compensation team and regional payroll teams to process bonus payments for expat population including trailing payments to be made in the US.
- Work with our tax team and external accountants on expat employee questions and provide annual compensation and W-2 breakdown for expats who are receiving company paid tax services.
- Oversee processing of Puerto Rico and Canada payroll. Coordinate with HRIS, Benefits and third party vendor in the collection and transmittal of key data to produce payroll. Ensure appropriate review and validation to finalize payroll.
- Support processing of US company payroll as needed. Audit employee state/local tax setup and assist in reconciliation and validation to finalize payroll.
- Respond to employee inquiries for payroll related issues.
- Participate in various ad-hoc and routine projects and requests as needed.
- 10+ years processing multi-state payroll in a complex business environment and/or diverse groups within a payroll or accounting organization
- Experience with Global Mobility and/or expat payroll
- Technical knowledge of state and federal tax regulations
- Canada and Puerto Rico payroll knowledge helpful
- Degree in Accounting or other business related field preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Workday Payroll preferred
- Analytical thinker with strong ownership of work and controls experience
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills to answer employee inquiries at all levels and liaise with our tax team and external accounting consultants
- Flexible and able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency and attention to detail and maintaining confidentiality
Millennium pays a total compensation package which includes a base salary, discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package. The estimated base salary range for this position is $145,000 to $200,000, which is specific to New York and may change in the future. When finalizing an offer, we take into consideration an individual’s experience level and the qualifications they bring to the role to formulate a competitive total compensation package.