US NY Waterford
US WV Friendly
At Momentive, we aspire to build a culture that recognizes and embraces differences and fosters an environment where employees are comfortable expressing their true selves while being respectful of others.
Becoming a part of Momentive’s diverse culture means embracing the innovative spirit our customers value. When you join Momentive, you will be surrounded by teams that take the initiative to understand and to learn every day, offer new and unique ways to challenge the status quo and place a premium on the principles of action and agility. If you want to challenge your abilities, expand your skills, and discover new opportunities for growth, we’d love to talk. Let’s start the conversation.
Human Resources Analyst
The Human Resources Analyst in Shared Services provides primary support for the employee lifecycle and HR work globally, as part of a global HR Services team. Responsibilities include handling diverse and confidential activities which require a strong affinity for working in HR systems and an intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of policies and procedures in all areas within Human Resources.
- Manage employee data within HR system throughout the employee life cycle: new hires, terminations, promotions, transfers, off cycle pay increases, process payroll orders, manual checks, relocations, employee recognition, and other life events, etc.
- Provide support for New Hire Orientation through the ability to answer basic questions about company-sponsored benefit plans (medical, dental, vision, 40lk, etc.) and refer to COE specialist when necessary.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of all HR documentation, including but not limited to: Employee files, I-9 information, benefits/billing documentation, etc.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of activities to support HR Managers, such as document preparation (severance, promotion letters), presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- Serve as HR processes expert by helping HR Managers understand policies and processes, maintaining and updating when corrections are needed, watching for inconsistencies and championing process improvements.
- Conduct audits of various payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommend any corrective action.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Generate ad hoc reports to support business decision-making. Create standard reports & training documentation to enable HR Managers to easily create all necessary reports.
- Support in the transition to HR Shared Services by building Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and partnering with different COE’s to understand and document processes with a focus on automation and/or process refinement.
- Track and trend employee interactions to identify improvement opportunities through VOC (Voice of Customer) both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Identify metrics around HR processes to highlight defects and adhere to overall process tolerance
- Define and target process improvements centered defect tracking and overall process health.
- Partner with HR Services team to support the transition of HR Function tasks and activities
- Participate in the global projects and meetings per necessary
- Partner with global teams to evaluate new workflows, processes or activities and expansion of existing ones
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry and move light to medium weight. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and learn technical information. Light lifting is required. The environment for this position is an office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor degree with 2 years of related experience OR 4 years related experience
- Strong technical aptitude using human resources information systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be a quick learner; able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and improve performance through management feedback
- Demonstrated excellent attention to detail; organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality
- Able to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Proven track record of solving problems, with a strong ability to identify issues proactively and resolve them in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and partner effectively with others
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Workday experience