USA – CA – Irvine – Corporate Headquarters
Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic.
At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
We welcome applicants with disabilities and provide reasonable accommodations as needed to our applicants. Please discuss with our hiring managers during our selection processes.
The Payroll Administrator should have a degree in Accounting/Finance, a depth of knowledge on California payroll rules & regulations, experience with Workday (HRIS) required, ADP SmartCompliance and Evention experience preferred, and a minimum of 2 years managing the payroll process in a multi-state environment with a minimum of 3000 employees. We also require that the candidate possess advanced computer skills, particularly in the use of Excel Spreadsheets. This position reports to the Director of Payroll.
Additionally, we require someone who is detail oriented, reliable, able to multitask, have good written and verbal communication skills, and be very organized.
- Process bi-weekly multi-state payroll from beginning to end, including data loads for variable pay
- Ensure all employee time records are accurate and properly approved prior to processing payroll.
- Act as liaison with accounting and human resource departments.
- Process adjustments, wage garnishments, loan payments, commuter benefits, employment verifications, and manual check processing,
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Collaborate with state agencies for reporting accurate and timely information and responding to claims and audits.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Interacting with all employees at all levels
- Assist with audits, reconciliations and reporting as needed
- Assist with testing as needed of the payroll system
- Assist with year-end processing
- Assist the Director of Payroll with special projects as assigned
- General office duties
- Answers and trouble shoots payroll questions from the property
Knowledge and Skills:
- Have a high level of integrity, as they will know about the earnings of many employees, confidentiality.
- Knowledge of payroll functions including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Strong Excel skills required.
- Proficient with ADP and Workday a plus
- Strong communication skills required within the team.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive multi-state payroll processing experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Accounting knowledge and experience
- Intermediate Excel knowledge required (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP)
- Ability to work in a confidential setting
- Attention to detail with the highest degree of accuracy
- Adaptable to change and ability to learn new skills.
- Workday experience required.
In the United States we are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.