IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic population of information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair application.
- Review information and double-check all fields containing information that the system parsed – the software is intelligent, but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the “My Experience” section, you will find a Resume/CV upload option where you can submit your cover letter and all other supporting documents.
Note: If you have an expansive CV, we recommend that you apply manually and only include the positions you have held in the last ten (10) years. You will then be able to attach your Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting documentation in the “My Experience” section of your application.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Finance, using the consistent exercise of discretion, judgment, integrity and confidentiality, the Facilities Finance Associate provides prompt and responsive financial administrative support to University Facilities cost centers. Employing a high level of professionalism, customer service and a commitment to teamwork, this position specifically performs all the financial system “procure to payment” tasks in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Additionally, the incumbent performs other financial analyses as directed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Director with the daily fiscal operations of all operating cost centers in the division.
- Responsible for the financial processing of all utilities for the University. Enters supplier invoices as directed by the utilities cost center manager; confirms and communicates payment details to vendor; maintains detailed tracking spreadsheets in Excel of monthly utility usage and billing amounts identifying any irregular or missing items for supervisor’s attention.
- Accumulates utility billings for chargeback entries to other MSU cost centers and 3rd party (Provident for the Heights). Calculates monthly chargeback for supervisor’s review, enters journals, confirms posting.
- Responsible for the “procure to payment” processes in operating cost centers as directed including:
- Coordinates the paperwork request to add/update a supplier in the financial system.
- Generates Budget Overview reports by cost center to confirm available balance.
- Inputs purchase requisitions for goods and services based on cost center manager’s request.
- Communicates with cost center manager of requisition # and dispatched purchase order #
- Receives vendor invoices, obtains cost center manager’s approval for payment, confirms certified payroll documentation is provided with invoice if required.
- “Receives” for goods and services in the financial system.
- Submits approved invoices with required documentation to MSU “invoices” email.
- Confirms submitted invoices have been paid.
- Resolves issues of invoices not paid.
- Obtains vendor account statements and reconciles monthly as directed.
- Generates Open Obligations report by cost center monthly.
- Participates in weekly Finance staff meetings and other meetings related to assigned responsibilities.
- Assists in preparing year-end accruals, specifically for utilities.
- Attends occupational and professional training relevant to job responsibilities as directed.
- Maintains current knowledge of and complies with applicable workplace safety guidelines and rules. Ensures the accurate and timely identification and/or reporting of hazards, injuries and accidents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional work experience in financial operations.
- High-level proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is strongly preferred.
- Work experience in an Accounts Payable department.
- Experience in Workday Financial software.
- Experience with NJ State procurement policies.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how their background, skills and education match the needs of the University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read and follow the steps in the application instruction.
Facilities Financial Management
Professional – Non-Faculty
For questions or concerns, please contact Human Resources’ Workday Recruiting Support at 973-655-5000 (Option 2), or email email@example.com.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy
Montclair State is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities. The requirement to not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities extends to admission and employment. For further details, please visit: https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/