IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Upload Resume or Curriculum Vitae for automatic population of information to the application.
- The contact information, work experience, and education listed on your Resume/CV will be parsed and input into your Montclair application.
- Review information and double-check all fields containing information that the system parsed – the software is intelligent, but you need to verify that the data is accurate.
- In the “My Experience” section, you will find a Resume/CV upload option where you can submit your cover letter and all other supporting documents.
Note: If you have an expansive CV, we recommend that you apply manually and only include the positions you have held in the last ten (10) years. You will then be able to attach your Resume/CV, as well as all other supporting documentation in the “My Experience” section of your application.
Under the supervision of the Director of Benefits, the Benefits Coordinator performs administrative support of the day-to-day operations for administering the benefits, leave of absence, ADA, and workers’ compensation programs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility and administration of benefits to include, but not limited to health, prescription, dental, flexible spending, life insurance, pension and retirement benefits, ACA, COBRA, employee tuition program, leave of absence, ADA, wellness benefits, unemployment claims and workers’ compensation.
- Tracks, communicates and processes enrollments for individuals offered coverage in compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in the payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Prepare and facilitate, Employee Benefits workshops designed to assist employees to obtain information and understand the benefits and other related incentive programs.
- Prepare and maintain biweekly employee payroll reports.
- Review all medical documentation and work-related accident reports for completeness and clarity of data to ensure compliance with policy and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a liaison between employees and the State to resolved benefit-related issues.
- Audits internal and external system reports ensuring employee and dependent status for accurate benefit elections, eligibility, deductions, coverage, and verifies for accuracy. Maintains open communication with the Payroll Department to ensure specified deadlines are met.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including reporting requirements.
- Point of contact for retiree medical coverage questions particularly how it relates to Medicare entitlement and related questions surrounding the pension plans.
- Manages vision benefit reimbursement program including verifying eligibility, reviewing supporting documentation and requesting reimbursement through payroll.
- Assists in conducting new hire orientations, annual open enrollment and maintains and updates benefits orientation materials.
- Communicates and interacts with medical professionals, support agencies and others to monitor and assess the progress and to facilitate a return to work.
- Manages leave of absence process in Workday by monitoring leave balances, and keeping track of used and unused balances.
- Provides Workday support for employees on leave, as well as their supervisors.
- Manages workflow to ensure all employees on leave payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Assembles appropriate medical information and facts regarding pending cases.
- Perform other benefits-related tasks and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
- At least two years of employee benefits-related administration experience.
- Working experience with pertinent federal and state regulations affecting employee benefit programs, including OSHA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA, NJFLA, ADA.
- Working experience in administering benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Working experience with State systems (MBOS, PMIS, EPIC) and proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organization and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Applicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how their background, skills and education match the needs of the University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read and follow the steps in the application instructions.
Employee Benefits (Temporary)
Hourly – Temporary
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity.
Additional information can be found on the website at
Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 Policy
Montclair State is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex or gender, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities. The requirement to not discriminate on the basis of sex or gender in the operation of education programs and activities extends to admission and employment. For further details, please visit: https://www.montclair.edu/human-resources/job-seekers/