Washington, District of Columbia
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with more than 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking to hire an Administrative Support Coordinator resident in our Washington, DC office. Reporting to the Administrative Support Manager, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides support as well as a wide range of administrative assistance to the Administrative Support Manager and Administrative Manager to facilitate the design, development and implementation of various office and firmwide initiatives.
A hybrid work opportunity is available for this role.
- Oversee calendar and coordinate scheduling for Administrative Support Manager and Administrative Manager.
- Assist and support Practice Group (PG) administrative staff with daily/weekly timekeeping into Workday System.
- Assist with biweekly approval of PG staff timecards.
- Assist with meeting and event planning to include, but not limited to, annual Notary Public meeting, quarterly individual PG admin staff meetings, bi-annual PG admin staff meetings, and events specific to administrative professionals.
- Maintain PG admin staff Leave Calendar, monitor PG admin staff Hotline daily, assist with daily notifications of PG admin status changes.
- Assist the Administrative Support Manager with developing and maintaining PG admin staffing plans.
- Process all designated attorney/PG admin staff assignments and reassignments with submitting information to HR for new hires.
- Perform and prepare charts and reports related to office attorney/PG admin staff ratios, firm, market and miscellaneous research.
- Assist with maintaining master PG admin staff assignment spreadsheet.
- Assist with ensuring coverage for after hours, weekend activity, office closings, off-site assistance for trial support and special projects as requested.
- Draft correspondence and other documents to include, but not limited to, employee relations documentation.
- Ensure annual updates occur with all Attorney Desk Profiles and Professional Desk Profiles.
- Assist with oversight of notary certifications and compliance to ensure office notaries are current on licenses and requests are approved.
- Assist with coordinating plans for special recognition for Practice Group staff to include, but not limited to, anniversaries and employee recognition.
- Serve as liaison to employees for direction with office resources with varying requests.
- Process Accounts Payable related requests to include rush checks, vendor invoices, expense reimbursements, and Diners credit card.
- Assist with annual budget review, monitor expenditures and provide recommendations to Administrative Support Manager.
- Communicate regularly with Administrative Support Manager and Administrative Manager.
- Assist with communicating firm policies and procedures with PG admin staff.
- Assist with the administration of specific programs and processes.
- Organize and maintain files in electronic format.
- Prioritize tasks and ensure deadlines are met.
- Handle confidential information discreetly.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships within office and Practice Groups.
- Responds timely to attorney, client, staff, and vendor inquiries.
- Assist with drafting position descriptions for PG admin staff.
- Assist with processing matters and interacting with firm recruiters for open PG admin staff positions both internally and externally.
- Participate in hiring process of candidates inclusive of, but not limited to, coordinate scheduling of interviews, distributing resumes to attorneys and/or legal professionals, and communicating necessary updates to Administrative Support Manager and/or HR, as needed.
- Assist with coordinating and providing orientation and training for newly hired PG administrative staff.
- Assist with promoting work environment that fosters teamwork.
- Assist with organizing PG administrative staff and general meetings specific to professional development.
- Assist with coordinating and organizing all phases of the PG staff review processes to include, but not limited to, preparing for and promptly scheduling 90 day and annual review meetings, following through with contributing reviewers for completion of reviews.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, or a minimum 5 years of administrative and recruiting experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including advanced Word skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and produce a high-quality work product to meet deadlines and perform job responsibilities under pressure efficiently, productively and in a professional manner.
- The ability to manage highly sensitive information is required, as are excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work overtime is required.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
#LI – Hybrid
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Morgan Lewis will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm’s California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions: Please call 888.534.5003 or email [email protected]
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions: [email protected]
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.