Washington, District of Columbia
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with more than 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices, is seeking a Manager of HR Service Delivery, resident in any of the following offices: Philadelphia, Washington, DC or Chicago. Reporting to the Director of HR Operations, the Manager of HR Service Delivery will identify, change and monitor human resources operational processes to ensure that they run smoothly and are improved over time. This position is responsible for leading and managing key transactional and data compliance processes executed across the partner, associate and employee life cycle. Overseeing a team of HR Specialists who provide customer service to Partners, Associates and employees and address their HR related inquiries, this leader will create standard operating procedures and manage key SLAs to measure turnaround time and performance. They will report on the experience and drive continuous improvement while maintaining data integrity. Responsibilities also include people data and business process reporting and auditing.
- Develops and manages strategy and documentation of the end-to-end employee life cycle processes. This includes, but is not limited to, new hire processing, onboarding, time and absence tracking, employee administration, terminations and maintenance of employee records.
- Partners with a cross-functional project team inclusive of HR Centers of Excellence, IT and Payroll to deliver an exceptional experience across the partner, associate and employee life cycle.
- Collaborates with the HRIS Manager and HR Program Manager on the implementation of new functionality and business process improvements to enhance the team’s ability to deliver world-class customer service. This includes delivering and/or coordinating periodic training to the team to deliver effective support.
- Identifies trends and makes recommendations for continuous process improvement as well as Workday system enhancements.
- Develops, monitors and distributes performance metrics and prepares related progress reports to inform leadership of transaction and compliance status, and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Collaborates with HR Program Manager on the coordination, implementation and training of key firm wide HR related projects.
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job supervises a team of Global HR Specialists.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with HR business process improvement and HR systems support; Workday experience preferred, with at least three years in a leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with leading an HR Shared Services model is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists.
- Strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
Qualified candidates must apply online by visiting our website at www.morganlewis.com and selecting “Careers.”
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible for starting in the role. Proof of vaccination will be required. Morgan Lewis will provide reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm’s California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice for Candidates
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
- Professional Staff positions: Please call 888.534.5003 or email [email protected]
- Lawyer/Summer Associate positions: [email protected]
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.