Cypress Waters – Dallas, TX
When you click ‘Apply’, you will need to click on ‘Create Account’. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase.
Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We’re here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we’re at it, we’re determined to change the lending industry itself. It’s simple, but it won’t be easy. And we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values. They’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock. It’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of exempt and nonexempt payrolls. Prepares data necessary for the filing of payroll-related tax returns and miscellaneous withholding forms. Responsible for balancing payroll runs, producing federal, state and local tax payments, and answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues.
- Processes payroll each pay period in a timely manner by following a standard procedure and checklist including but not limited to entering payroll data into the payroll system, auditing data inputs for accuracy and making any necessary corrections, reviewing gross-to-net reports for accuracy, and submitting results to manager for signing off. This is to ensure that payslips are accurate and all audit controls including SOX controls are met
- Processes one-time manual payments as needed for terminations and other pay adjustments using payroll and treasury systems
- Answers employee and manager queries through telephone or email communications by identifying the issue, researching problems as needed, troubleshooting root cause as necessary, and taking corrective actions if needed in order to ensure accurate payroll and high customer satisfaction.
- Processes specialty items such as LOA and Garnishments using a full understanding of laws and processes to ensure data is entered accurately and pay is processed appropriately
- Reviews and responds to regulatory agency inquiries for such things as tax agency report requests, third party garnishments, etc. by reviewing requests and taking necessary steps to fulfill requirements so that the company’s payroll processes and procedures are in compliance with all applicable regulations in every country.
- Provides regression and other testing of system changes as needed to ensure accuracy of system maintenance and/or enhancements
- Teams with accounting to ensure accurate transfer of information and generation of accounting entries
- Analyzes system capabilities and business processes during the normal course of activity and makes recommendations for improvements in order to support data integrity efforts.
- Generates reports for internal and external customers as needed.
- Maintains and tracks all issues/work using standard Issue Tracking Processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skilled in using various payroll systems, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- Skill in configuring and testing payroll systems; Workday payroll configuration experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and regulations.
- Knowledge of the overall HR business process delivery model.
- Ability to process payroll from input through to paycheck with little to no oversight.
- Ability to prioritize work to ensure customers are satisfied and systems are up and running at all times.
- Ability to analyze business and technical processes and determine ways of making them more efficient.
- Ability to work effectively with outsourcing providers in an SLA-based model while maintaining high degrees of attention to detail, accuracy, and poise under pressure.
- Ability to work with a collaborative work style and effectively handle employee inquires
- Ability to maintain the strictest confidence.
- Ability to implement new regulations and/or applications quickly and effectively.
Education/Certifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a 2-year degree required; four-year degree in information systems or accounting preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) for the US or equivalent international payroll certification and Lean/Six Sigma Certifications are highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Experience with Workday payroll systems is highly desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of systems analysis and systems configuration experience.
- Experience supporting and configuring time entry required.
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:
Primary Location City:
Primary Location Region:
Primary Location Postal Code:
Primary Location Country:
United States of America
Line of Business:
Additional Posting Location(s):