USA – New York City – New York
You may think of Nasdaq as just a stock exchange but think again. With more than 6,000 associates in 39 offices around the world, we’re a global technology company that serves customers in more than 50 countries. Since 1971, when Nasdaq created the world’s first electronic exchange, our innovations have revolutionized the global capital markets. With Nasdaq, you will contribute to a more sustainable world, helping communities, clients, employees, and individuals of all backgrounds to achieve their full potential.
Nasdaq’s Internship Program provides outstanding opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience during a 10-week internship. As part of the program, you will partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues, and take on a real-world project with real-world impact and gain practical skills that will help shape your career for years to come. Additionally, you will meet with senior leaders and participate in professional development activities throughout your internship.
The Compensation Intern will support the design and delivery of our compensation strategy and programs. This position is responsible for administering, analyzing, maintaining, and implementing compensation practices and policies. In addition, this role will execute the ongoing operational tasks related to compensation.
Your role and responsibilities
- Perform analysis on effectiveness, market competitiveness, and internal equity of compensation programs
- Consult with business leaders in areas such as job classification, incentive compensation and salary administration programs.
- Participate in compensation surveys across all markets/countries
- Administer IMS (Incentive Management System) – goal collection system for bonus program
- Use analytics to monitor the effectiveness of compensation plans, policies, and administrative procedures
- Partner with our equity finance team to manage our equity compensation programs
- Recommends policy and process changes when necessary
You will need the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in progress
- Strong MS Excel skills (Pivot tables, vLookUp, visuals/charts)
- Able to analyze complex data and develop recommendations and solutions
- Desire to take ownership of a project and ability to prioritize multiple projects and adjust workload accordingly
- Strong time management and project management skills efficiently working with deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with impeccable attention to detail
And it would be great if you have experience with
- Prior experience with Workday
- Prior experience with BetterComp MarketPay
- International compensation experience
Internship Program Requirements
- 10 week commitment with availability to start in June
- Proactive, responsive team player who can thrive in a dynamic and changing environment
- Motivated self-starter who is results-driven
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint required
- Possess a curious nature around learning new topics and solving problems
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What We Offer
We’re proud to offer a competitive rewards package that is meaningful, recognizes the unique needs of our employees and their families and incentivizes employees for their contribution to Nasdaq’s overall success.
The base pay range for this role is . In addition to base salary, Nasdaq provides a generous annual bonus/commission (short-term incentive), and equity (long-term incentive), comprehensive benefits, and opportunity for growth. Exact compensation may vary based on several job-related factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to: skill set, experience, education/training, business needs and market demands.
Nasdaq’s programs and rewards are intended to allow our employees to:
- Secure Wealth: 401(k) program with 6% employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount, Student loan repayment program up to $10k, Company paid life and disability plans, Generous paid time off
- Prioritize Health: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, Health spending account with employer contribution, Paid flex days to support mental wellbeing, Gym membership discounts
- Care for Family: Hybrid home/office schedule (for most positions), Paid parental leave, Fertility benefits, Paid bereavement leave
- Connect with Community: Company gift matching program, Employee resource groups, Paid volunteer days
- Grow Career: Education Assistance Program, Robust job skills training and Professional development opportunities
For more information, visit Nasdaq Benefits & Rewards Career page.