Nations Lending Corporation™ is one of the fastest-growing mortgage lenders in the US. We’re headquartered in the Cleveland, Ohio area and licensed to lend in all 50 states. With more than 90 branches, we employ more than 1,000 talented people.
We empower our employees to pursue their career goals by supporting their unique and creative ideas while making our mission of “home loans. made human.™” an integral part of our company culture. We want you to Join The Nation!
The Payroll Analyst will review, audit, and process our semi-monthly payroll and commissions at multiple U.S. locations to ensure payroll accuracy. This role will participate in key projects, audits and process improvement processes.
- Work with the Payroll team to process semi-monthly payroll in 44 states for 1100+ employees.
- Resolve payroll related issues and obstacles, ensuring seamless execution of semi-monthly payroll processes.
- Perform pre-processing and post-payroll audits to ensure the payroll is accurate.
- Audit employees state, local and school district taxing have been set-up correctly
- Create necessary reports via Workday and Excel.
- Ensure all timesheet approvals have been completed for non-exempt and hourly employees.
- Works with third-party vendor to ensure seamless process delivery of payroll settlement, taxes, and garnishments.
- Submit all tax filing notices from tax agencies and garnishments to third-party vendor and follow-up for completion.
- Other duties and projects as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Strong knowledge of various federal, state, and local payroll taxes and laws.
- Ability to work independently, to set and meet deadlines, and to consistently deliver a superior work product.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to handle payroll discrepancies with diplomacy.
- Comfortable on-camera using Teams or similar, in all meetings and colleague interactions
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate/Advanced skill level.
- Ability to cope with unexpected issues; work problems and projects of diverse scope that may have a cross functional impact.
- The expectation is 40 hours per week and the flexibility in start and end times to accommodate business and time zone needs.
- Remote position.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification
- 1+ years of experience with Workday
- Experience with Commission Payroll
Nations Lending expressly prohibits any form of discrimination or unlawful harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, sex (including marital status, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression). Improper interference with the ability of Nations Lending employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Nations Lending expressly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who raise any concerns regarding equal employment opportunities with the Company.